What really was wrong with mass Resurrect?

Ok… Then it isn’t a problem? Occasional games means nothing if the majority are not dealing with it.

A month before she was reworked. I can almost guarantee, if they fixed it earlier, it would’ve died on its own.

2 Likes

Or at least give more than a month for the SR fix to see if that lessen the amount of Hide-and-Rez. :man_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

Hiding counters itself.

A wiping ultimate is very different from a resetting ultimate. Wiping ultimates are way better.

I mean compared to other support ults.

Most of them are like adding an obstacle towards your goal.

Rez was like taking the reward straight from your hands.

It wasn’t a resetting ultimate.

Team wipe ultimate.
Team ressurect ultimate.

It’s functionality was to reset a fight or to reset a death. It’s just called Resurrect.

1 Like

in the ranks a majority of people played in, it was a pubstomper

in higher ranks it was mostly just annoying and everything else about mercy’s kit was pretty mediocre back then since she didn’t have an e ability or her new movement so her balance was always in a weird spot

i’d argue that brigitte is a way bigger and more problematic example of a pubstomper hero that dominates low ranks though

1 Like

And to add, ironically, Mercy still needs to hide in order to rez. But of course, no one wants to talk about that sensitive fact these days when they try to use the “Hide and Rez made her OP / unfun to play against!” argument. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

6 Likes

Making a team effectively immortal for 6 seconds while they slam into you is a pretty big obstacle…

How is Transcendence, for example, any different?

8 Likes

But that doesn’t change the fact how many ultimates were poured into said death.
One person by the very nature of the game should usually die to more than 2 ultimates.

That’s BS and you know it. First of all, the entire array non teamwipe ultimates. Second - everyone comes back with their counters refreshed (assuming they were dead for a bit) and ready to counterplay your ult. Rein’s going to immediately pop his shield back up, Moira will be ready to zip on out of there, Zenyatta can immediately transcend, etc. It did not work that way in the past and will not in the future.

That’s like giving ‘just respawn’ as a counterplay to an ult that inevitably kills you. Killing the team again is not counterplay, that’s the consequence for a lack of counterplay.

1 Like

Apparently it isn’t ”Hide n Res” because the intentions of the two are drastically different. :man_shrugging: That’s what I heard at least.

2 Likes

Just listing the possibilities. I don’t want to sit there and pretend that because the SR exploit is fixed in diamond and above so the problem should magically stop all together. What about the ranks that are still based on preformance where mercy would be a good pick.

By that logic, why hasn’t the non-dead team gotten their cooldowns refreshed yet?

Surely if the dead team was dead long enough for their cooldowns to complete, then the same can be said about the team that is still alive? Time moves at the same speed regardless as to whether or not you’re dead.

8 Likes

Trans would like to say hi.

(Would like to point out that I do feel Mass Rez contradicted what Blizz envision for OW to be played as, I just wished they TRIED other iterations before they went through the rework only to stripped Valk down to it’s bare bones)

This turned into a circle jerk really fast.

3 Likes

Anyone with gamesense and ult tracking will know when a rez is coming. Please tell me how GAing in and hoping for the best is outplaying the enemy team when the Mercy player does not determine if they get shot down or not. Conversely, covering one of many potential flight paths and hoping for the best should not be the difference between winning or losing the fight and possibly the next one.

If your team isn’t making mistakes you don’t need rez. If your team is trading favorably or not dying you don’t need to invest the ultimate. Meanwhile rezzing a bunch of idiots still provides greater value than burning the ult when it wouldn’t make a difference on the fight.

I expect everyone in the game to try and make things happen. Mass rez is purely reactive and comprises the majority of the power in 1.0.

Using it to stall is valid. It’s only a misuse if you can’t reasonably retake the objective by using it.

Then we should have no problem limiting it to 1-2.

The second ult wouldn’t be necessary then.

Weird. I was always told (especially by people who mained Mercy) that it was.

Nano + Blade = Trans kills.
But something to consider is that some ultimate’s are not specialized in killing.
NANO VALK NEW META

I guess only the people who went down in the fight first will have their cooldowns up, but that will include a few people and many people have good ult counters. Tanks, in particular, will almost certainly have their barriers back.

1 Like