What question would you ask the devs?

Does the matchmaking try to always give your 50/50 matches or does it prefer to give you ups and downs between?

This matchmaking feature was explained in one of Activision’s development panels and if they used this kind of matchmaking or preferred certain players to be teammates I’d be really disappointed in the OW devs

1 Like

That’s a good question I always have assumed it was completely random. Just looking for people in your skill group

This is what I’ve also always hoped because OW is a 10/10 game when both teams are balanced and play proper heroes, but once the matchmaking messes up the game becomes a 4/10 struggle at best. Considering all the data I’ve gotten from win/lose streaks from other players it seems like the system doesn’t always try to balance the game properly which is why I’m really concerned about this

1 Like

Who are you and what have you done with the real dev team

1 Like

When will you fix the issues this game has had since launch? Is adding more into a game that in it’s core is rotten a good idea?

Why don’t you share internal hero statistics, like what map they’re played on, how much time they spend shooting shields, how often they win against other heroes on average. etc etc

Several months back we implemented a restriction that prevents the matchmaker from creating games that are severely one-sided. Whenever it wants to make a game, it calculates an expected win percentage for each team based on the SR of all the players. If one of the teams doesn’t have at least a predicted 40% win rate, then we simply don’t create the game. Even if you do end up in game where your predicted win rate is close to 40%, it’s important to remember that it also means that your SR will drop less when you lose, and you will gain more SR if you win. To help explain this further, here’s a simplified example to help explain how predicted win percentage affects your SR. As an example, let’s say you play 10 games in a row and all 10 games only have a predicted 40% win rate. If you win 4 of those 10 matches, your SR be the same as it started.

You can check the amount of damage you do to shields on a hero on your profile and I believe that can also be scrapped off public profiles if anyone desires to put in the effort.

On exceedingly rare occasions they have put out the actual winrates for heroes.

Here are offensive hero win rates in competitive play since 1.5.

Offensive Hero Win % Comp Mode since 1/5

Note: Ignore the weird spikes/dips that happen at the end of the season (this is just weird data reporting during the lull)

Sombra = Brown Reaper = Pink Tracer = Blue McCree = Blue/Green (wtf is with these colors) Soldier = Mauve? Doomfist = Yellow Genji - Green

Also, here is the same data with Sombra emphasized but only at Diamond and above (because I knew you’d ask)

Sombra Win % Comp Mode since 1/5 - Diamond and Above

1 Like

What the hell were you thinking releasing Sombra and Doomfist?

Why do you hate D.va so much for? What did she do to you?

What is it you have against Bastion players in particular?

Why do you hate doomfist ? And are you gay?

I know all that stuff as I’ve already read all of them. But that doesn’t still answer the question that does the matchmaking system prefer to give you ups and downs (up to 40/60 which is in it’s worst case scenario more pulverizing than it sounds) and does the system prefer certain type of players to be teammates more of than others. Putting a Baptiste OTP in a game with only mobile flanker OTPs still calculates into 50/50 so is there any factor considering these things? Almost always I realize that I’m leaving games with blocked players rather than playing against them which should be 50/50 instead of the 90/10 that I’m experiencing and since the same issue reaches players around me it just makes us skeptical about some variable that favors it so

Speaking of which I just queued up for some games in QP and in 2/5 games that I queued into I got a blocked player in my team rather than the opposing team. Or could it be just that since I think that they’re worse players they have lower MMR which means that they’ll be on my team most likely because they queue a lot and if the system only finds players below my MMR they get bunched up with me to even the odds? That could be reasonable even though I would be really sad it it was the case…

Blink once if you have been taken hostage.

1 Like

can you please publish the MMR formula?

Brigitte or Torbjorn with a Super Crown?

Do you actually care about balance, or do you just do things to shut up the loudest complaining from the community?

1 Like

Why won’t you fix the report system?

Why can’t I actually sync my cosmetics across all platforms. PLEASE JEFF I WANT MY ATLANTIC TRACER SKIN BACK!!!

Is there a lore based PvE mode or game in the works.

How do you design heroes to ruin the fun of the game and then complain about tilted players?
At least should be more coherent.