What people don't get about Mercy mains complaining

Consistently doable? Because that’s what we’re talking about. It isn’t “I know a guy that finished high school in 3 weeks”, or “I know a guy that retired at age 33”.

But does it really need to be on the front page of the forum every single day? Nothing original is being added to the conversation.

Lets be honest, her being a curvy swiss woman with an attractive voice is 80% of the reason why so many people play her. So go play a different hero for a game that isn’t OP and easy to use on a fundamental level. That’s an actual struggle.

1 Like

Consistently doable maybe not but charge in 30-45s within a big fight happened quite often.

In fairness, does anything discussed on these forums really have to be discussed? It’s a video game, none of this is really important in any way.

And so you’re seeing the point – that characterizing Mercy as gaining her ultimate every 45 seconds was and is a gross misrepresentation of the state that things were in. Otherwise it’s just being contrarian for its own sake.

Team 4: “We want Mercy to be all about Movement and Healing and less about Resurrect.”

Also team 4: Continues to make Resurrect Mercy’s only way to have any impact.

7 Likes
  1. You didn’t at all address my point, which was ‘Have you considered they have legitimate complaints and have a good reason for being vocal?’

2. Saying that ‘original things’ must be ‘added to the conversation’ just puts another hurdle for people to voice their opinions. This is a forum. Where people talk about the game. Where else should they be discussing the perpetual Mercy problem? Into a tin can in the backyard??

3. Your sexist thoughts on why people play Mercy are your own, and just because YOU think people play her because she’s sexy doesn’t mean that the Mercy players don’t have legit complaints about a character they used to love.

Seriously, do they even teach debate in highschool anymore? Does anyone even know what an argument and a counterargument are? How to make a counterpoint? Any of these things? It’s like talking to a field of bananas.

3 Likes

Yes hello? I need to call a fire truck, someone was just incinerated over here…

1 Like

On your 2nd and 3rd points:

2 - Yes but the problem is, it is incredibly annoying to use. Mercy’s gameplay is about rapid moving between allies, Ress as is gives you whiplash from how you went from fast to literally still waiting to be killed. Cast-Time is what kills the ability. There is plenty of other things that could be nerfed instead of making it a suicide button.

3 - Yes it did, both theme-wise and gameplay wise. It could use some adjustments to give it some counter-play, but still. And weaker healers aren’t weaker because they have stronger ults, they are weaker healers because they do something else other than healing.

All other healers can damage while still healing(Even Moira or Ana with their Abilities) and have ways to increase their healing(save for Zen, but he is a half-DPS). Lucio has Amp, Moira has her Ball, Brig has Repair Pack, Ana has Grenade.

Mercy has somewhat high and concistent healing because she is 90% of the time healing. She doen’t contribute with damage, and even if she’s DMG Boosting, that means she’s not healing, while the other healers can do both at the same time(heal and contribute with DMG or utility). Mercy doesn’t attack, doesn’t have burst healing and has no utility, what she HAD was good healing and survivabilty, and her “utility” was the Ress, which was a form of burst healing. It was unique and it was hers.

3 Likes

Meh I still see Mercy being a crucial pick for the upcoming meta. Damage Boost and Resurrect is just too good to pass up.

Maybe too good for pro players who are able to use their extreme organization and mechanical skill to get the absolute most out of a character’s kit. 98% of the players however are not able to do that, and suffer because of it.

[quote=“WorthyAngel-1693, post:1, topic:187939, full:true”]
-We are not complaining because she needs a buff.

-We are complaining because she needs another rework (or revert).[/quote]

Pick one, because reverting her would be buffing her.

1 Like

Eh, I played Mercy earlier today. Had a great time. Don’t know why people keep saying she’s boring to play.

1 Like

Original Mercy was exciting. I still miss team rez, but ultimately its for the betterment of the game that they took it away. I’ll never forget the horrifying sight of mercy swooping in at the last moment to rez everyone lol. But I remember then Mercy was fun to play.

These days not so much. I think part of it is changes but also part of it is she was a must-pick for so long at all ranks. Since I flexed so much I ended up playing a lot of mercy when I would’ve preferred another healer but at my rank consistent healing can make or break games.

It would be far more a very good nerf than a buff. She was way weaker with mass Res.
What you are saying is just a massive misconception.

7 Likes

Rein, Genji, hell even Lucio can under the right circumstances.

Under the right circumstances. See above.

Exactly. If you made an active effort to kill the enemy Mercy, they could never get big value out of Rez, and they sucked. This is why old Mercy rarely got picked in the tournament scene, because good players knew how to instantly counter her, and only a really good Mercy could survive.

3 Likes

Ana at launch was pretty insane. Nanoboost was almost always ready

You mean - as if she had a skillset that was, gasp, REWARDED? What a twist!

1 Like