What people don't get about Mercy mains complaining

This is what I don’t get it too

Mercy have been always extremely boring to play, the way she heals and move never changed. in fact her kit improved with GA with momentum and self regeneration from 3 seconds to 1.

I guess they call it Ăźnfun"because they cannot mass ress every 30-45 seconds like old Mercy who always had mass resurrect on almost every TF.

5 Likes

Just because a group of people are vocal doesn’t mean that you should get the right to ignore them. Sorry that you don’t like all the Mercy Mains complaining in the forums, maybe you should leave them, there’s no point in you participating in a group that you don’t enjoy.

See how that works? It’s almost as if everyone has the right to voice their opinions on stuff on the forums, and maybe you should stop wasting your time telling people to stop saying their thoughts and go play a game and learn to stop sh*itting on people all the time for literally no reason. Come on buddy, what is your objective here?

6 Likes

There was never a case where any hero in this game was filling their ult meter in 30 to 45 seconds.

1 Like

Mercy gives her team immense value with Resurrect, but the team lacks strong healing?

Could it be… A trade-off? A downside to having Mercy in return for invaluable utility? Scandalous.

3 Likes

Ok you killed Mercy but she still rezzed. Still 6v5.

I guess this fits here even better :wink:

I can see the problem with too strong healer. When you can’t out damage a target healed by Mercy and Zen, but the solution would have been some sort of heal reduction when a target get damage instead of lower Mercys healing. I’m open for changes but make her unfun as balance strategy?

She was engaging to play when she had res because everyone knew that if you didn’t kill the Mercy after a few clutch kills, there was a good chance she’d get a res off. It created tension and suspense, and the longer a team fight went on the more dangerous it got to be Mercy. The more clever you had to be with your positioning, the faster you had to be with your reflexes, etc. Then you manage to pull the res of and survive and you’ve brought back 3 teammates, and the fight is yours! Yes, she WAS engaging and exciting, because there was pacing, there’s a different thing to do at different points in the fight, there’s a lot of factors to consider AND you’re still able to DO something that actively pulls the tide of the battle.

These days it’s not even half as engaging to play her, because res is an unrewarded ability so it feels very much like ‘well, you got here first, here you go’, rather than a ‘I pick you!’ kind of thing, and then her ultimate is just… You’re flying now. Have fun getting shot by Widow and Hanzo.

Edit: A typo, but also - These days I feel like everyone just ignores Mercy, I see her flitting out and about and people tend not to focus her down. Back when she had res, EVERYONE knew their job was to kill the Mercy. These days she seems to be almost incidental. I think that alone illustrates the difference in playing her; you’re no longer priority target one, you’re only priority target one if it’s convenient, and that’s just… Not the same??

10 Likes

What other hero main community whines sooooo much?

Ex. Doomfist is F-tier for a year essentially, no one bats an eye. Mercy receives a 10hps nerf and everyone looses their mind over their OP hero being suddenly “under powered”.

Mercy mains just seem entitled, and I’m sick of having the meta always requring a mercy.

4 Likes

Have you considered that maybe they’re being vocal because they have something legitimate to complain about?

Like - everyone saying that they ‘whine too much’ remind me of white people saying that black people need to be ‘more civil and respectful’ when asking for their civil liberties. You’re trying to shut down complaints from people by just saying they complain too much and ignoring their points, rather than… IDK, considering that maybe they have legit complaints???

7 Likes

actually it was very quick, there where situation when I keep shooting tanks on 2cp to res multiple time in one fight. 30s was doable.

1 Like

Consistently doable? Because that’s what we’re talking about. It isn’t “I know a guy that finished high school in 3 weeks”, or “I know a guy that retired at age 33”.

But does it really need to be on the front page of the forum every single day? Nothing original is being added to the conversation.

Lets be honest, her being a curvy swiss woman with an attractive voice is 80% of the reason why so many people play her. So go play a different hero for a game that isn’t OP and easy to use on a fundamental level. That’s an actual struggle.

1 Like

Consistently doable maybe not but charge in 30-45s within a big fight happened quite often.

In fairness, does anything discussed on these forums really have to be discussed? It’s a video game, none of this is really important in any way.

And so you’re seeing the point – that characterizing Mercy as gaining her ultimate every 45 seconds was and is a gross misrepresentation of the state that things were in. Otherwise it’s just being contrarian for its own sake.

Team 4: “We want Mercy to be all about Movement and Healing and less about Resurrect.”

Also team 4: Continues to make Resurrect Mercy’s only way to have any impact.

7 Likes
  1. You didn’t at all address my point, which was ‘Have you considered they have legitimate complaints and have a good reason for being vocal?’

2. Saying that ‘original things’ must be ‘added to the conversation’ just puts another hurdle for people to voice their opinions. This is a forum. Where people talk about the game. Where else should they be discussing the perpetual Mercy problem? Into a tin can in the backyard??

3. Your sexist thoughts on why people play Mercy are your own, and just because YOU think people play her because she’s sexy doesn’t mean that the Mercy players don’t have legit complaints about a character they used to love.

Seriously, do they even teach debate in highschool anymore? Does anyone even know what an argument and a counterargument are? How to make a counterpoint? Any of these things? It’s like talking to a field of bananas.

3 Likes

Yes hello? I need to call a fire truck, someone was just incinerated over here…

1 Like

On your 2nd and 3rd points:

2 - Yes but the problem is, it is incredibly annoying to use. Mercy’s gameplay is about rapid moving between allies, Ress as is gives you whiplash from how you went from fast to literally still waiting to be killed. Cast-Time is what kills the ability. There is plenty of other things that could be nerfed instead of making it a suicide button.

3 - Yes it did, both theme-wise and gameplay wise. It could use some adjustments to give it some counter-play, but still. And weaker healers aren’t weaker because they have stronger ults, they are weaker healers because they do something else other than healing.

All other healers can damage while still healing(Even Moira or Ana with their Abilities) and have ways to increase their healing(save for Zen, but he is a half-DPS). Lucio has Amp, Moira has her Ball, Brig has Repair Pack, Ana has Grenade.

Mercy has somewhat high and concistent healing because she is 90% of the time healing. She doen’t contribute with damage, and even if she’s DMG Boosting, that means she’s not healing, while the other healers can do both at the same time(heal and contribute with DMG or utility). Mercy doesn’t attack, doesn’t have burst healing and has no utility, what she HAD was good healing and survivabilty, and her “utility” was the Ress, which was a form of burst healing. It was unique and it was hers.

3 Likes

Meh I still see Mercy being a crucial pick for the upcoming meta. Damage Boost and Resurrect is just too good to pass up.