What OW players want imo

Yup, pretty much.

Yes. Giving Orisa the arm sword is gud.

1 Like

It’s really amazing how Support players on here have this self-image of the perfectly selfless teammate, when they are the ones complaining 99% of the time.

For all the complaints I see about DPS players being selfish jerks, they don’t make half the overly dramatic, self-important posts on here that the support players do.

At a certain point, after so much complaining and demanding the game cater to you exclusively and trashing every other role, you lose the right to pretend you are the “nice guys” of the Overwatch community.

Face it, you are exactly as selfish as any other player. Your preferred way of playing the game has no more or less merit than any other player’s preferred way to play. You are not some virtuous hero, you’re just a gamer, like any other gamer. You’re selfish and short-sighted and petty and mean, just like any other gamer.

This whole post is just an excuse to claim that DPS players are somehow morally wrong and Support players are morally right, in how they approach the game. It’s absurd. There is no moral component here, stop pretending there is just so you can feed your own ego. Stop inventing villains out of thin air to blame all your internal emotional issues on.

3 Likes

Yeah this post isn’t extremely biased at all.

1 Like

DPS players don’t hate Crowd control. They use it themselves. Grenades, traps, hacks, you name it.
Shooting head is not the most important skill of all, they always miss the enemy.

No, they are bound by one universal constant. A truth that will never change.

They are bound together by their hate of the payload.

1 Like

This is what I trully want. I want them to fix this bs before the game is doomed.

This reeks of class bias.

And also, most complain on CC are FROM TANKS!

1 Like

I present to you, the embodiment of the braindead mercy main stereotype.

No shade at Mercy mains as a whole though.

Mercy isn’t even in my top 5 most played heroes but thanks for playing.

Ah so “Current competitive season” is just a myth then, got it. :slight_smile:

I feel so awkward when people thank me for healing them. Like, should I say you’re welcome every time? That sounds super cocky. But if I don’t say you’re welcome, is it rude? What happens if you die later because I couldn’t heal you? Should I say I’m sorry? Please stop thanking me. I get stressed out and feel like a failure if I unintentionally let you die. :cry:

Most of the DPS players I know aren’t like this, and coming from a tank player, most of the CC hate comes from tanks and understandably so.

To be honest, the roles are too diverse to realize generalize their traits. For example, some support players love to purely heal and give utility to the team without fighting while a good number of support players also love to shoot and DPS while being able to heal when necessary. Some people play support purely because lucio exists and go to backline frag

1 Like

And that sums up why dps players are the bane of overwatch

Tank: Should be soft counter to sniper and bomber, can stay on point with the help of support.

Support: Now is fine, thank you!

Niche: As what I have said before, the final answer of niche should be reducing the damage done by niche and give them something that variable in any situations and map. The rework of hack is one of a good example and I plea for the rework of Torbjohn and Symmetra.

DPS: DPS would feel good in OW2 because it is DPS-watch.

People who use CC can still hate it when someone use it on them.
Case point, Doomfist, Reinhardt etc.

I’m mostly an Xbox player, firstly. Secondly, yes just looking at the current competitive season is a myth, especially for players that have been playing since launch. I could have thousands of hours on other heroes and just started playing Mercy this season for all you know.

Even taking in account my PC account, Mercy isn’t even in my Top 5 most played heroes. On the Blizzard forums you can’t see the most played heroes across all modes like you can in-game. She’s maybe my third most played support overall?

Ik, the post is mostly tongue-in-cheek. I guess most people didn’t pick up on that. I should be more clear perhaps

This is actually a pretty accurate take ngl

Yes. People should stop blaming supports for everything.

Yup, its either off-meta or support heroes that usually take the blame.

My experience differs from this greatly, in my games dps and tank are the most likely to be blamed when noone is playing offmeta heroes. I think this topic is interesting enough to put a little effort in and research, I’ll document my next 100 games and then make a post about which was the most blamed role