What now? How long until Overwatch 2?

Yes on current AND next gen which is not uncommon around the release time of new consoles

I SAID THAT, MAN! XD What do you mean!?

You said it would not release on next gen consoles for like 2 years when it will release on those consoles at the same time as on the previous gen consoles. Its going to do the very common “current and previous gen” thing that games do around this time.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, it won’t have much substance since OW1 will have simule updates but it will STILL be a rushed product

Well ok then. Let’s see what happens if a OW2 trailer pops in at Summer Game Fest

No way, they have been working on it since 2017

I hope that happens because that would suggest OW2 before the year is out. If, on the other hand, they wait until late summer, that would likely mean a short beta in the fall and a release early next year.

60k is still a crazy number for a game that’s still in beta. I suspect the player number has dropped recently because beta is ending soon, and there’s not going to be any new content or updates before release. The game also has a hit registration bug at the moment that should be fixed at release, at which point there will be a new agent, a new map, and a new gamemode as well. So the player number will increase again.

I’m not really worried about the state of Valorant, because it’s far less complex (code wise) to balance compared to a game like Overwatch, meaning even though the launch feels rushed, problems can get fixed much faster. Which we’ve also seen during beta. Going strait from beta to launch is also normal for a f2p game, I wasn’t surprised at the announcement at all.

I’m more interested to see how Valorant will do once OW2 is released. I think it will greatly suffer from Overwatch’s huge popularity, and more developed characters. However, the two games can exist side by side. I like playing both games for different reasons.