What new heros might be in overwatch 2?

I think Overlord (D.va’s Friend) might be a new hero, also Maximilian might be one too. Along with Mauga.

No, no, Yes…

Mauga
Junkertown Queen
the Null Sector omnic from Storm Rising
Asa Yamagami (or her daughter)

3 Likes

Hamid Faisal. They mention it too often not to somehow fit into Overwatchach’s lore. he’s an archaeologist, so he would fall into the “Scientists” category as Overwatch heroes.

3 Likes

Whoever we get, I at least want one character with a Duke Nukem-sized ego. A total narcissist who could put Alarak to shame with a sort of “You may now worship me” attitude.

Good examples include Draven and Qiyana from League of Legends.

You know the answer. Junker Queen, Junker Queen, The Queen herself!

My mind keeps coming back to the idea of Lynx Seventeen as somewhat of a support role-counterpart to Sombra. :eyes: Also on the topic of potential supports, maybe D.Va’s mechanic, Dae-hyun? One of D.Va’s more recent interactions in-game does mention him, after all. Hmmm… :thinking: … Or yea he could’ve been mentioned just because. xD

I think Dae-Hyun has no real chance. He is just her mechanic rather than a proper combatant, and if we were going to get a second MEKA hero, it would probably be one of the 4 more popular pilots.

2 Likes

Any of the alternative mekas would be 100x better than D.Va

nah, Mei is just a Scientist, Brigitte is just an engineer with a little bit of training from her father in law, Sigma was also just a Scientist, D.va was just a gamer, Moira is also just a Scientist, Tracer was a Pilot, anyone could be a “combatant” on here.

1 Like

The difference is in how the characters were introduced.

• Mei - Was introduced to us as a hero. We learned from her journal that she was a scientist, but it was also clear she was the hero. Mei is also the general exception, not the rule.

• Brig - Brig was introduced to us as Rein’s squire and mechanic. Squire to a modern crusader is very much hero material.

• Sigma - Isn’t just a scientist. Sigma is very much a super human. His debut also revealed his gravity manipulation.

• D.Va - I personally dislike it when people point at D.Va and say she is unfit for combat because she’s a gamer. People often forget that South Korea still has conscription with its mandatory military service. That being said, she was introduced to us as a hero and mech pilot first and foremost.

• Moira - Was introduced to us as a Talon leader. That is a very big deal, characters who are on the Talon council are generally there because they have a great influence. If its not in power, then its in money. This is the case for every single Talon leader, which is also what leaves Sanjay as a potential hero.

• Tracer - I’m genuinely not sure if this is a serious point or not. If so… The very first thing we saw was Tracer, the hero, in the museum short. Plus she was the pilot for Overwatch, the titular organization that the game’s story was built around.

If you go through all of the post launch heroes, you will find they were introduced as someone with hero potential first, rather than as a civillian or non-combatant.

• Ana - Overwatch Sniper
  • Sombra - Reaper’s ally, wanted by Lumerico, international hacker
  • Orisa - (as OR15) Omnic protector of Numbani
  • Doomfist - Villain that they say can level a skyscraper, a threat to Numbani, Talon leader
  • Moira - Talon leader
  • Brigitte - Reinhardt’s squire and mechanic, very buff
  • Hammond - Enigma from the Horizon Lunar Colony, the moonbase that produced rampaging hyperintelligent animals such as Winston.
  • Wrecking Ball - Reigning mech champion of Junkertown
  • Ashe/Baptiste/Sigma - Introduced as heroes, no buildup
  • Echo - Overwatch weapon, important enough for McCree to release her and send her to Winston

Note that none of these characters were introduced as civillians.

Plus, you also chose to ignore the second half of my comment entirely.

2 Likes