What it’s like to work on Overwatch’s tools and engine

Well I kinda stopped playing the first Overwatch because of the toxic community… I hope they won’t rush on the second. (maybe the fact that there is more PvE will discourage them)

Can you show us the circus tent where you do the balancing?

2 Likes

I’m really So Excited about OW2! :star_struck: :star_struck:

Does Blizzard take international new grads?

I love these kinds of articles! Would love to see more content like this. :slight_smile:

tbh i say that with any good engine i see

1 Like

looks at date
:zombie: :man_zombie: :man_zombie: :zombie: :man_zombie: :woman_zombie:

What map is that on the image of the editor

the engine team found themselves at the vanguard of a deceptively straightforward-sounding challenge: the designers wanted to blow up a ship.

Man, all this work only for nobody to care because you attempted to split the campaign up into 45 minute chunks released 6+ months apart and also made it practically impossible to find a team for them

Sucks the used the same engine for Overwatch 2.

All the cheats from OW still worked no problem lol. IT was not smart.

1 Like

This is actually nice keep posting stuff like this, also now that you are not wrangled by activision you can release some of these tools for us to mod and stuff, valve grew this way, old blizzard was like this which gave birth to dota.

Also the story missions on the editor tool gib us please gib us… :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :hugs:

i mean the editor tool it will let us cook stuff up :slightly_smiling_face:

Here’s the one for the Overwatch Balance team:

https://imgflip.com/i/8cqd6c

I don’t think we’re going to get another 45 minute chunk this year, assuming we ever even get another one.

Can you guys give us a map editor? It’d be nice to have custom maps

Awesome article, its good to get some insight.

Pesky game designers always wanting to blow up stuff. Would love to see some more on how the game design team works :slight_smile:

Thought this was new article.