What is “trust”?

I can’t post links or images, and I’ve been told that I need a certain level of “trust” in the forum to post them.

At first I thought people meant endorsement levels in Overwatch, but I don’t think that’s it. What is this “trust” that people speak of, and how do I get it? Is it equivalent to the number of likes that you get on your posts?

1 Like

I do believe this thread can help you out.
Best of luck mate, if you still have any questions, I’m here to help.

5 Likes

Thank you! :smiley:

I hate this system. It’s a shame Blizzard can’t be bothered to simply deal with people who abuse links and images, so they have to force people to stay extremely active and get tonnes of likes just so they can post links and images.

2 Likes

Yeah it kinda sucks, but if I’m not mistaken, trust level 2s can post youtube links.
Meaning you should be able to post them…

1 Like

I can’t. I’m trust level 1. Although sometimes, I can post links, for some reason. I don’t know why. I think I might be able to post links if I post full links without using hyperlinks, but I’ve no idea.

1 Like

If you’ve the time, you can post a few here to find out.

Link posting have been awfuly inconsistent for me. Sometimes it doesn’t let me post ****, and then, an hour later, i can put full-pledged pictures and videos. How does that work?

1 Like

Ey you can see me in that thread :3

1 Like

I know Level 2’s can post links to certain “trusted” sites, maybe Level 1’s can as well.

You can also post links by putting a ` on each side of it like this:
https://overwatch.gamepedia.com/Overwatch_Wiki
It’s not clickable, but it’s better than nothing.

2 Likes

Cant believe that thread is still being used as reference every now and then xD

1 Like

Haha, ikr
Even today that thread is just as useful as it was then, and is my go-to link for helping people understand the trust levels.

1 Like

Trust level 3 allows you to post stuff like this

Just spam hivemind opinions and “revert mercy” in all your posts. Kinda like picking healer in qp to farm endorsements you may or may not deserve.

Blizz is king of bs automated systems it seems.

2 Likes

I’m honestly not sure how it even works at all. According to the trust checker site I’m level 0 but I can post images still :man_shrugging: (I was suspended for like 6 hours earlier this week for mild language in a joke)

Idk, I just checked with the same site and it says you’re level 3.
Still unsure? Tell me if you see a wrench icon by the trash can icon in your post.

2 Likes

Ok now I’m just confused :confused:

Not exactly complaining though.

1 Like

Yeah It’s still there.

1 Like

Ok, I see where this is going…
(Removing wiki for my name’s sake)

Good question. What is trust? Do I trust you? Do you trust me? Questions questions.

1 Like