What is the State of Mei?

What’s her win % and pickrate at? Anyone know? Just curious.

1 Like

Not really. You can search Overbuff and look for the specifics if you want your rank or whatever; however, it is inherently inaccurate. It will just give you an idea.

Not the best, but twice as good as she used to be.

I seem to be doing okay with her. Oasis says I’m playing Mei at a Diamond level even though I’m stuck in midGold.

She’s way better than before but she still has bugs (mostly related to latency and netcode) that makes her unreliable. There are many thread about her, included mine
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/mei-gathread-its-almost-2-years-and-mei-still-has-unfixed-bugs
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/mei-bugs-with-videos-new-bugs

Her pick rate is around 1%, her win rate around 52%. The interesting thing is her pickrate decreases in higher brackets, but her win rate increases inversely proportional.

She is in very good spot now. She’s arguably one of the stronger DPS heroes right now, lot of people just don’t play her for whatever reason, causing situation where she has low pickrate, but really good winrate (highest in Grandmaster). I don’t think she needs any buff, nerf or change. Only bugfixes and maybe some QoL life stuff.

1 Like

I believe it is a case of Mei mains not knowing how to aim and non Mei mains not knowing how to use her kit. The Mei that can do both carry.

It’s not that I don’t enjoy playing Mei, it’s just that I enjoy playing other DPS heroes more; and I think that’s kind of always going to be the case with her.

I do fairly well with her, I swap when we have a bad tank and no good healers, because she can kind of compensate as a character without those things to help her get by. But otherwise, it’s kind of like - I’d far rather be playing more active heroes that are a bit more engaging. It’s a personal preference thing, but she is ultimately kinda slow, steady rather than fast and exciting. It’ll work for some players, not all.

1 Like

Actually, i think Mei mains know how to aim. Icicles are what makes her so good right now.

I think it’s non Mei mains that struggle with aiming them: Icicles have awkward cast time, and travel time as well, because they are projectile. It’s something you need to get used to with Mei.

I agree with this.

I believe that this is why lot of us Mei mains think she’s really strong, while most people don’t. That’s why her pickrate is where it is. And that’s also why i think Mei should stay exactly where she is right now, balance wise. More people should learn her eventually.

As Mei main, I 100% understand what you’re saying. She just isn’t everyone’s cup of tea.

Yeah, she seems very balanced to strong to me, in a good way, when I play her. It’s just… She’s not really MY first pick. And I love to have her on my team, she’s a great asset, but I think that her playstyle is a lot like Mercy’s playstyle - not everyone is interested in being Team Healer. Other DPS characters feel more, interchangeable isn’t the right word, similar perhaps? Speed wise, because they are incredibly aggressive and active. Mei is a little more tempered in her approach because she’s strong at both long, mid and close range, so there’s no reason to rush an engagement. This along with her low mobility and general speed lead to a very different overall feeling when I play her that just isn’t quite as ‘Whee!’ for me, myself. She is, however, a great character that seems very balanced IMO, both to play as and play against.