What is the purpose of the forums?

The devs dont listen to the community, and most of the time the community doesnt listen to each other. Just flaming and complaining all around.

What is the purpose of its existence?

2 Likes

you answered yourself :smiley:

10 Likes

To have a place to talk about the game with other players. It does that, whether we think it’s bad or good, it does its job.

r/overwatch is nothing but videos and potgs, there’s not really discussion there…

12 Likes

True.

Despite most posts being emotional and/or biased posts, is there still some kind of discussion going on in the threads.

It’s a good platform for passionate Overwatch players.

It really is nothing but a video platform nowadays, and the worst part is that the moderators wants this. Images and memes aren’t even allowed.

Not to mention that r/CompetitiveOverwatch is nothing but OWL stuff. There is no talk about competitive ladder.
Why not rename it to r/OverwatchLeague?

1 Like

It feels like a place for people to vent and rant (with a high chance of confirmation bias) with the occasional announcement thrown in.

Jeff is now tracking what you do on screen, beware of saying 'devs dont track forums'

But really they dont read this best, noncontroversial ideas

r/owl already exists for the normies that can’t take the drama in r/cow

You only have to spend 5 mins in these forums to see why blizz ignore them.

It’s just each character taking turns being demanded to be nerfed in some way.

Rein was last weeks flavour.

This week its Ana.

Next week will be flooded with even more nerf Echo threads if she lasts more then a week without being banned.

Used to be for Nerf Scatter threads.

Maybe because Rein and Ana are in every game? Just my 2 cents…

Because they are the best options after the others got gutted.

r/overwatchuniversity is a sub dedicated to improving at the game. I think a lot of us should probably start browsing there too.

To post my (ok maybe not mine) memes

Whine and throwing rocks at eachother

To pass butter.

To have fun and discuss Overwatch. It helps keep the game alive to have people communicate with other people who also love the game.

1 Like

Technically MoreHeroes has the most accurate answer. The Blizzard forums are intended for players to discuss strategies, ideas and simply have fun talking about their favorite Blizzard games. The forums also serve as a easy-to-access portal for blizzard customer service to assist others with technical issues like this connections and as a place to report game bugs. While the official forums is considered a form of feedback to the development teams, The Overwatch development team will not only consider the feedback that is posted on these forums, but also along with what the current in-game statistics are showing about the current balance of the game, as well as what their own personal feelings are about the game.

1 Like

To whine and to be salty.

The same function of everything in the internet.

Everytime I hear this I groan. Define what “listening to the community” is. The community can’t agree on ANYTHING. There isn’t a single issue where the overwhelming majority of the community would agree. Need proof? Look at any amount of forum posts, reddit posts, etc. They all say way different things. Blizzard tries, but the community doesn’t know what the hell is going on.