What is the forum maintenance for

If there is a simple positive that doesn’t need a discussion, there should be a simple negative. Not saying it should fade topics, or do anything other then give a = ability for a negative total…

fanboys will abuse it because truth hurts.

but then…i have to use…WORDS!

hopefully increasing the character limit from 20000 to infinite

1 Like

the flag button is the new dislike button tbh. They should rework the flag button

It might be purge of all Mercy and Sym posts…

:roll_eyes: Oh boy, we had to go there, didn’t we?

It can be abused, and they have had to reduce how many times we as users can flag a post. Unfortunately that is something for the forum team to sort out and we, the community, rarely see impact from abuse to the flagging feature.

We did :slight_smile:

I have to agree.

I remember back in the old forums, dislikes didn’t mean that someone put forward a low quality, troll-like thread. It was often just “This person wrote a thread about something I don’t agree with and I dislike it”, even when the user out a LOT of thought and encouraged discussions with it in an optimal manner.

I’m glad the dislike feature is gone. It stops people from being afraid of having an opinion that goes against popular belief.

One thing I hope they do with the flag button is that you can type a detailed explanation as to why the post is being flagged(like the Overwatch report feature)

also why can you flag yourself???

Believe me I have addressed that feedback to get the old report form back for flagging posts.

4 Likes

I think that is something pointless and hilarious. What situation would you wanna ban yourself?

I can only hope you’re removing the infinite scrolling. As a web designer myself, this has to be one of the most annoying features on these forums.

do you mind explaining what you mean by infinite scrolling?

The ability to block certain posters from ever seeing their thread or comment they make would be sublime.

1 Like

TIL there are Blizzcon forums. Seems unnecessary and like no one would use them.

New 100 character minimum, any questioning of poor balance changes will instantly result in a ban.

1 Like

As you scroll down it keeps loading more post. The go to previous or next page would be much smoother.

1 Like

like on the old forums?

i would like that back tbh