What is something you would personally like to see happening in upcoming lore?

Subjective, but serious replies only.
Don’t bash on others.

I just want to hear what people would be excited to see or think is likely to happen based on currently available lore.

1 Like

I’d like to see Baptiste meet up with Mercy, and maybe defend her from a Talon attack.

7 Likes

Yeah, i loved the beginning of that plot from the short story as well!

Especially since i must admit that i’m not a particularly huge fan of Gency.
I think that plot not only shines light at Baptiste and Mercy as characters, but also on the way Overwatch and Talon operate in a world in which Overwatch is yet still almost non-existent.

1 Like

I would like the story to show the present day or just show actually new things happening

So far most of what we’ve seen is just backstories or events of the past in general, the story should move forward

1 Like

I also want this as he also knows Winston recalled and mercy was unreachable. They can go to Gibraltar together :pleading_face::sob:

Oh, there is a lot of things i would like to see

1. Reaper family. This is very curious and will make character of Reaper deeper.
  2. Full history behind Overwatch fall, Blackwatch vs Overwatch conflict, reasoning for Reaper/S76 revenge.
  3. History behind searching for Ana. Why some hospital, but not Overwatch found her?
  4. Zenyatta. His full story becoming a monk. Also i would like to see his another pupils and more information about omnic discrimination.
  5. How Russia defeated omnics without Overwatch? And what different ideologies Russia and Overwatch have?
  6. Why Winston/Wrecking ball didn’t stopped others from killing scientists? Full story behind monkey rebellion.
  7. More info about Gerard. And story about how Widowmaker killed him.
  8. How Widowmaker feelings come back?
  9. Other creations that Torbjorn made. More story for Torbjorn, when he and Sven were colleaugues?
  10. What is global conspiracy?
  11. How Sombra and S76 related to each other
  12. Sigma. What organisation captured him? What they were doing to him while he was there? What was Siebren feeling while he was in secret goverment facility? How Talon captured him? Who brainwashed/helped to control his abilities? What other member of Talon know/think about him. Which members of Talon talked to him? And in what Talon operations Sigma has been in? And finally, what Overwatch members know about Sigma?
  13. What is Junkrat treasure? What the purpose of Roadhog/Junkrat travelling, in what operations they were? Story behind their operations in Dorado/Kings Row/Paris
  14. More about Helix operations, and how are they related to Talon
  15. Moira. Did she betrayed Blackwatch? What other expirements she had, and in what science community she was before BW?
  16. Mercy. Will Talon agents kill her? and will she join OW?
  17. More story about Lucio father. Story behind Lucio rebellion. Lucio current activity.
  18. Story behind Shimada clan. Why Hanzo killed Genji. Why Talon needed Shimada clan. And why Sojiro refused to join them.
  19. Story behind Deadlock gang. More information about Elizabeth and Jesse while being imprisoned. And why Reyes didn’t destroyed Deadlock gang.
  20. Lore for Gwishin. Who stands behind their creation and functioning.
  21. How Mccree lost his arm?
  22. Story behind Maximilien business and rising.
  23. Nguyen appearance (as narrator) in Talon archives mission (YES! YES! YES!)
  24. How Overwatch was founded
  25. What is behind Reaper mask
  26. Continuation of archaeologist’s arc, more info about Hamid Faisal
8 Likes

I want to see Pharah and Ana reunite (I love the Amari’s soo much) and Ana give her blessing for Pharah to join Newverwatch (that’s what I’m calling it) and maybe one day Pharah will become the strike commander

I want to know how the battle at the Swiss Headquarters went down

I want to see Symmetra defect from Vishkar and realize she was being used

I want to see Sombra uncover more about the Eye

3 Likes

Want to see what Sojourn is up to in the present. Only relevant ex-Overwatch agent we know nothing about nowadays.

3 Likes

Two short-stories (like Bastet and co) every month.

1 Like

Que es Liao?? 20char

1 Like

Zenyatta accompanying Genji on assignments given by the new Overwatch. I get the feeling that the transports Winston can offer (the Orca dropships) would be of great use to Zen’s mission, which is changing souls through interpersonal connection, rather than the well-meaning, but less effective, Shambali tradition of speaking and preaching. His ability to extend a healing hand would be greatly increased by participation in the humanitarian missions Overwatch is known for, and maybe he can stop the cycles of violence that caused kids like Baptiste and Sombra to join Talon.

I’d also like to see if the Overwatch recall hit any unintended targets. There’s a whole cast of characters to explore, and seeing some surprise heroes like D.va and Lúcio join the ranks would be really neat. Maybe Junkrat and Roadhog accidentally intercepted it too. Who knows what they’d think of it.

2 Likes

Zenn lore, any lore for him

And explanation why talon tryed to kill Katya Volskaya at all, after all they want to start another omnic crisis right? So yea mondata make sense, he tryed to make peace, but Volskaya? Yes she trade with omnics, but as far as we know, she is there to fight omnics too. I mean, does talon fear that she might destroy omnics to fast?

And if humans would kill her… that would actualy not make much sense, it would even make things worse, people there would be focused more on people who killed their hero, not an omnics…

But if human killed piecfull omnic? Yes that is worthy of omnics getting angry at humans in general, again this one made sense.

So what was all this assasination nonsense there? What realy Katya Volskaya done to talon?

Vialli ordered the hit on her because she wasn’t cooperating with Talon - they were trying to get her on their side. When he was told that the assassination attempt failed, Doomfist was happy - if Volskaya had been killed, someone more sympathetic to the omnics might have taken her place and the second omnic crisis would end prematurely.

4 Likes

Oh ok then that make sense, can i ask where i can cheak it out?

Doomfist’s response can be seen in the comic “Masquerade”.

2 Likes

Anything post-recall to be honest, preferably stuff with Genji and Tracer together.

Who designed Echo? Are Sojourn and Liao still alive? What is the timeline on McCree founding Deadlock/being brought in by Overwatch? What’s Lynx 17 up to?

Some cohesive Sigma lore would also be nice.

2 Likes

I’d like to see at least one romantic relationship between playable heroes.

We have: Father-daughter, mother-daughter, brothers. We have frenemies and bffs.
But not a single couple.
Who would it be? /shrug I dunno, but one couple would be cool.

I also want them to fight like a real couple instead of acting “gross” :stuck_out_tongue:

I think that the writers once said that romance isn’t a focus in the story and that no playable heroes would be romantically involved with each other. I agree with this statement and really don’t want to see any playable heroes become couples (despite having such headcanons myself). I doubt it’d work well.

However, what I do want to see more friendships and rivalries developed, for example Tracer and Winston or Moira and Mercy, etc. Just establishing more connections between heroes like that, as it would serve as a good character development methinks.

3 Likes

Well neither is parenthood, but we have parents.

Not current playable but maybe new ones, or a new one.
/shrug