What is Mercy's role?

Her role is to Rez people and heal off trickle damage.

Basically if the enemy team has low damage but good quick killing potential, she’s good. If they have high damage in any way she isn’t worth it.

Not to mention she still combo’s great with Pharmercy and Snipers. She’s still by far the best pocket healer in the game, which is pretty much what she was known for before the rework.

Not a healer? Okay! Maybe she’s a caretaker. She should sit people when they’re being naughty. Also remove her healing and damage boost while at it cause it’s a bit inconsistent with her actual role.

Because u need main healer most of the times, and to play ana u have to be atleast top 500 player to outvalue mercy.

Bronze players sure have funny opinions.

1 Like

Her role is to be the training wheels of Overwatch.

I agree with OP, I dont know what Mercy is really good for anymore and that has been a question of mine for a while, not just since the healing nerf. Yes she has rez, whatever. Why do you pick Mercy over another healer?
Unless you aren’t great mechanically, Ana is a much better pick. She can do lots of healing and do damage herself, her nade can make huge plays, and sleep is a great way of saving yourself and your teammates, not to mention that nano makes you almost unkillable.
Moira is also a better pick than Mercy and requires similar skill. She can also heal and dps, she can do significantly more healing than Mercy when in the right hands, she has an escape and life steal. Her ult can heal or damage significantly when combined with an orb.
Mercy offers consistent healing but she doesnt have the ability to outheal consistent damage. Even in her ult that fact doesnt change. She can damage boost, but that just evens out the fact that she cant heal and do damage at the same time like every other healer. She has great mobility and a self health that is only 20hps after 1 second of not taking damage. She relies heavily on her team and other healer to stay alive so that she can do her job. The only thing that she really offers is rez, but Ana mains used to always tell me “you don’t need rez if your teammates dont die”. I thought that was ridiculous but after this rework and all of this time, they are right. Rez is a hindrance more than a benefit. It makes Mercy sacrifice healing and it makes her a sitting duck. It’s honestly not even worth it. Play a healer that can keep your teammates alive and leave rez behind.

Resurrect.

The only healer who can remotely heal a team that has spread out a lot. Everyone else either doesn’t have enough healing (Zen), has limited range healing (Lucio), hasn’t got vertical mobility (Moira), is arguably an off tank and not a healer (Brig), or has to aim (Ana).

Also you best hope your other healer picked either Ana or Moira to keep your tanks up or they realize their gonna need to eat health packs… otherwise things are going to go south for you pretty quick. 50 HPS isn’t gonna be enough to help a tank through any kind of focus fire (with the exception of an Orisa mid fortify).

Pocket healer.

Her job is to pocket DPS and be sure to have constantly heals around her team because she is the only healer who can do her job with barriers or shields around unlike Moira-Ana.

Zen healing is 30hp/sec to 1 target and is actually very bad.

no, her role is far more signifiant

She protects all supports from getting nerfs
except Brigitte

1 Like

People respond in threads like these (which I mean I think might be bait but w/e) and then say that their argument was never about her being weak, it was about fun.

2 Likes

Basically the same as before but probably don’t run her in deathball.

FYI her damage boosted went down by 24% which is more than her healing output went down. Her healing wasn’t impacted as hard and only went down by a third of that, all the change did was just make it feel crappy to use. Otherwise it hit her damage boost harder ironically.

Rezbot or guardian angel ?

Her role? Rez on E

Which is something the devs didn’t her to be defined by.

2 Likes

the mercy change was great , whether or not the hero is fun to play is a diffrent topic of discussion.

ana is now the best single target healer like she should be , moria is the best multitarget , mercy is the most consistant.

this is how it used be , and you should be selecting which of those 3 main healers to play based on map/tactics/comp.

ana/moria healing goes way down when your team is a little more spread out/or if the map has alot of line of sight issues, as well as when theres a winston that can block moria and ana healing with his shield.

I think she performs well as a healer. In fact, I’ve been playing her more since she’s been disparaged by all sides on the forum. Few things make me want to play a character more than being told I cannot play that character.

1 Like

damage boost was untouched , its 30%

I always find it interesting how the people who most defend the rework are the people who don’t play Mercy

Preaching endlessly about how the hero they broke is still good ! And how Mercy mains are just babies as they continue to smash it

2 Likes

Mind reading again?
Her damage boosted per game went down by 24% which was hit much harder than her healing mainly due to the fact you can heal more by just staying alive longer :man_facepalming: