What is even the point of new seasons?

Seriously. I’ll wait.

1 Like

An increase of a number :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is the only game I can think of where literally nothing changes season to season.

Echo came out season 21. We’re starting season 33 now.
12 seasons of no new maps, no new heroes, no changes to maps. Have any “major” changes happened to heroes since?

Holy god this game is a disaster.

2 Likes

I mean… the only reason why seasons exsists is that players can get their CP rewards for the golden guns.

And A spray

Don’t you get those already by just playing the current season?

True, but everything is worthless Imo. It really needs a completely overhaul how seasons works in OW2…

Other games do same

Think rocket league season is about to end….I get a new car item…WOOHOO!!!

Edit - I forgot to mention an ICON earlier!!!

Yeah, but at the end of the season the CP count is different for each rank. Here is a list with how many CP you can get at the end of each season: Welcome to Season 33 of Competitive Play - Competitive Discussion - Overwatch Forums (blizzard.com)

For most games, a change in competitive season means new cosmetic rewards and a new character or maps.

They kind of do that with new sprays, but it really should be more significant.

A spray. That is about it. There is not even a point playing beyond placements.

1 Like

But I think rocket league seasons are more like battlepasses where you can actually unlock ~100 items/skins/etc. Am I wrong here? I think if I do one placement match in an OW season I’ve unlocked all the sprays/icons the season has to offer.

Most games I have played have something involved with the seasons. Guild wars had an automated tournament for the top 16 teams for that season. Most of the RTS have a hard reset after the seasons. Dont MMOs issue rewards/titles/rankings at the end of their pvp seasons?

Yes….though that’s just for playing….

As far as competitive goes it’s no different than OW….it’s no different than previous season and your reward for doing so is an item that’s the equivalent of a spray pretty much