I would LOVE This.
But only with One Extra change.

Headshots and Lowered Spread.

1 Like

A placeholder

He is just their to hold a place

Poor bastion

Pirate ship Junkertown.

Bastion is a hero which requires lots of resources poured into him to make him effective.

You know, i recently picked Bastion on Junkertown attack.

I got yelled at to switch, Before the spawn doors opened. ;-;

Guess that’s an OP Strategy. -.-

It actually is, if people play around the Bastion.

Junkertown Bastion (at least in gold) usually goes Bastion-Hanzo-Orisa-Hog-Mercy-Zen.

If your team is unwilling to play around a Bastion, don’t even bother.

Using Twitch chat memes to look cool.

Shush. The adults are talking.

2 Likes

OH. I have played in Gold/Silver… and In gold i can play Widow with a Controller on Pc. Xbox Widow/Bastion main btw
(I actually did that, and have Video of it somewhere, lol.)

There is no solo hero that can counter a Coordinated team down there.
Trust meh.

ZERO Offense meant to any rank of play, but…

I have even played quite a bit down in Bronze… and… It feels like a VS Ai game to a Plat player. :joy_cat: I’m sorry, but it does.

And yet, Bastion is somehow STILL Bad down there.

1 Like

What if Bastion had an “Overheat” meter which built up with sustained Sentry Mode fire? As a double-edged mechanic.

If the meter maxes out, he is forced out of Sentry Mode, but the meter grants him a passive speed boost in Recon Mode until he cools off.

he is one of the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse

bastion
orisa
torbjörn
mercy

I hate lunar map so much… always this setup… nothing more just this 4

I use him when I know the enemy team will be funneling through a choke point and they aren’t expecting it. I usually switch after a team wipe or maybe a little longer depending on how long I am being useful.

He’s an important member of the Cancer Comp

You’re supposed to learn team positioning and coordination.

I use Bastion as a shield killer mostly. I never use him for long term unless things are going really well and nobody tries to counter. If the enemy is going heavy on the tanks and I can get into a good position, I can melt through them, and usually 1-2 of them will switch off. Then I don’t have to be Bastion anymore.

Simple, really.

But what about the people that want to play him? Some people legitimately enjoy his kit, but being forced to rely on a majority of your team for protection makes it nearly impossible to play him without friends. He should need to work with his team to succeed, yes, but he shouldn’t have to rely on them so heavily. It just makes him unplayable in most situations

1 Like

Lack of mobility is his weakness. He’s not the only hero with that. Ana has horrid mobility. They’re designed that way. And the trust is, this is a team game. If you can’t play as a team, you’ll probably lose. Unless both teams don’t play as a team, then it’s more of a coinflip and luck.

Yeah, I’m not saying he should be completely independent of his team, but at the moment, he relies on his team way too much. His team has to babysit him way too hard, harder than any other hero in the game, in order for him to be on the same level as a Soldier. He should need a healer every once in a while, maybe a tank to stand close to, but he shouldn’t have to have a pocket healer and tank just to continue existing. If you’re playing Soldier, you’re usually fine without a healer or tank for a while. You’ll need to group back up at some point, but you can hold your own for the most part. That’s what Bastion lacks. He should need a team to win, but he shouldn’t require a babysitter or two.

1 Like

I’m not sure if you remember this, but not too long ago, when he originally got his ironclad ability, he was ridiculously powerful. Most ultimates couldn’t kill him, as he’d just heal himself right through them. Nerfing ironclad to 20% damage reduction brought him to where he is now, and I think he’s fine. If you’re staying still too long, you will have to be babysat, if you’re getting harassed, you need to change. But several heroes need babysitting, and Bastion needs proper coordination to come off right, or the the player has to know how to position properly to pull off surprise attacks.

I think he’s fine.

I’m not sure if you’ve been paying attention, but in my last post, I said I wanted to get rid of that horrible Ironclad thing you hate so much and replace it with something that makes it easier for flankers to kill him in Sentry Mode.

Also, yes, I remember the original Ironclad. I was playing Overwatch for a year before then, I played a lot during that week to enjoy Bastion briefly being viable, and I’ve regretted Ironclad replacing bonus armor in Tank Mode ever since.

Did you forget that he was Nanoboosted for that durability?

You’re entitled to your opinion, but it’s obnoxious that you refuse to address the arguments which seek to logically explain how Bastion is NOT fine.

The original Bastion (including beta bastion) was for 2 things:

Locking down an area and busting tanks, as well any barriers they futilely attempted to use to protect against his firepower.

Current bastion is a detriment to the team only good at burning down shields and dying unless excessively babysat by an entire team.

This is why Bastion is basically vaporizing at all levels of play above Bronze. Just going from bronze to silver halves his pick rate.

2 Likes

Let me share this analysis from a different thread:

1 Like

Eyyy, I’m useful :slight_smile: