What influenced the devs to make Tracer a lesbian?

Should be a thing.

1 Like

I think that most of the people who want more lore stuff would really like that.

4 Likes

I hope they dont do this:

3 Likes

This would feel unbelievably artificial and forced.

We need more lore in general.

1 Like

If they took out the Sexual Orientation the rest would be a nice addition.
Heck a short little paragraph or two.
Which someone could come up with on their 30 min break.
Would be nice.

2 Likes

They kind of have them in the official site, don’t they? Still, we have too little.

Agreed

Honestly, I’m shook that people couldn’t tell she was a lesbian all along. I wasn’t surprised at all when the comic came out. People really couldn’t see that she was pretty tropey…?

Anyways why does there have to be some written explanation.

2 Likes

First, it was fine for people to be shocked or surprised that a character is LGBT+.

Second, I’m just curious, for they never gave out the why but only the end product (in this case, the comic).

i hope this doesn’t become a theme with future lgbt+ heroes

tropes in general are bleh

Last Christmas I gave you my heart.
The very next day
They turned you gay

sing

1 Like

I don’t think it was “let’s make tracer lesbian” and more like “let’s name this cool lesbian hero Tracer”
Blizzard had a lot of the backstory done before the game was even released.

2 Likes

But that is what is going to happen when ther are humens trying to force them into the game…

1 Like

That is a possibility, and I wouldn’t mind if that was the case.

They never gave out why torb has a billion kids(? grandkids?). Like why does Torb have so much game, I want to know. Or why Junkrat drinks milk tea with boba. Or why Widow was married to Gerard.

There doesn’t have to be justification. Tracer’s gay. That’s it. :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Diversity seems like something they take pride in so it makes sense they’d have a gay character, I’m honestly surprised there’s not more LGBT+ people in the cast.
And I mean yeah, that’s a good business choice rn, but I don’t think it’s entirely cynical, Overwatch would’ve sold fine without it. It attracted new players in a relatively harmless way and got them good press, and now lesbean people can be like “hey cool this strong character is a lesbian like me :v)” which is a nice feeling in an industry with very few (esp playable) gay/lesbian characters.
tl;dr: two birds with one stone, good publicity/more players

2 Likes

who’s trying to force them

i only see people asking when they’ll announce the next hero, since they said there were more in an interview

unless you mean blizzard is forcing their own characters into the game

I feel like something as big as a very successful company announcing a character is LGBT+ may deserve just a little of an inside look of what influenced them.

What i mean is that constent presure on the devs to make a hero lgb is not good.
It leads to tokens…

His height is the only short thing about him.

4 Likes