What if we just allowed Brig to attack while holding her Shield?

Just that.

We rebing her shield bash to E, and she can use her primary fire while shielding.

OP? Useless?

2 Likes

Hell No!

I don’t want her running at me damaging me while i attempt to break her shield.

So remove repair pack?

1 Like

Can be pretty op… You can feel heal yourself while being protected not to mention it will just feel weird to use, holding both mouse buttons for a long time while also having the potion to press another one as well.

Also about the animation itself, how do you make a character hold a shield and attack without hurting itself in the process?

2 Likes

We could disable Inspire for her and lower it for her teammates when she uses it while shielding, and no (answering for question above) she wouldn’t be able to use repair packs when shielding, but it wouldn’t be totally removed.

Note that she is slower when shielding, maybe we could increase the speed penality a bit to make it easiee to get out of range from a Brigitte attacking you with her shield.

So remove any risk to playing the hero.

nice!

I think I’d rather take the +25 HP from the Experimental and see how that goes.

An idea for that

LShift - Brig flails around her mace while the shield is up. It can knock the enemy back slightly and damage 40/hit. Inspire doesnt heal Brig while this ability is up.

No use to Brig against any decent hitscan or ranged DPS - most have the firepower to break her current shield in less than 2 second.

If she’s close enough to reach DPS without losing her shield, either she got the jump on them or they are grossly out of position.

All she could do would be attacking. No heal for herself, barely anything for her Teammates, and a speed penality even higher than it is right now.

If people tried to use this new feature to actually kill enemies instead of using it to be able to retreat, they’d die.

Brigitte cannot retreat. Once you’re on the frontline, all you can do is pray for your tanks to help. All she can do is push back one single enemy and do a small dash that barely does 6 meters.

Then, I know Mercy is very team reliant, but Mercy can easily retreat, even if her team is dead, since she can still fly to their dead bodies. it’s hard, and most of the time Mercy dies as well, but it’s still possible.

Brigitte can’t. And it’s not 25 HP that will allow her to suddenly survive all the hits and retreat.

I mean, I guess there’s a way to make it work but it just sound a bit of a weird feature, her shield is already pretty quick to break and shields are all about ranged attacks. If you use fight up close then why shielding in the first place, and if you shield up close then it’s after you get yourself healing by attacking so no need for a follow-up attack…

All a brig would have to do is literally swing once with shield down, then instantly put it up and she has the full effect on a regular inspire.

It’s not hard to make it so it detects when inspire was activated, so you can’t abuse that.

Hard nerf. Of all the scenarios Brig is bad in, being in melee range with shield still up isn’t one of them.

No, no, all of these nerfs would apply when she is attacking. When her shield is up and she’s not attacking, she dosen’t have the higher speed penality and the reduced inspire.

The inspire would be decreased if it is activated when she attacks while her shield is up.

Her shield may as well not even be there. I just got blown apart at full health by a Soldier 76 missiles and rifle burst. It happened so fast that I did not even know what happened at first.

Oh so she isn’t losing pack or the experimental +25? It’d be a minor buff, but is unfun to use or play against.

I never said she’d lose a repair pack ?

And if I can be honest, Brigitte was never really designed to be fun overall, at least from my perspective.

Pack is already on E