What if they removed Valkyrie?

Valk should definitely go.

I don’t personally care about resurrect that much anymore either :man_shrugging:

1 Like

No valkery is awesome, just leave her be and let it slide

That’s not the point of my topic tho

Then what will replace E. The easiest thing to do for Blizzard is to move valk into E and modify the ability. I like Valkyrie cause of the shinny wings and angelic feeling of flying around. :rofl:

1 Like

I don’t know? What would you want on E and it would still be balanced?

They kinda already did with that 50hp nerf. You enter on spectator mode to see Winston killing your low health team mates. It would be nice for a rework but i don’t see that happening anytime soon.

I really don’t like the comparison with Winston seeing as it would take him at least 20 seconds to kill a target Mercy heals, not factoring in his reload.

It’s terrible sustain, but we don’t have to exaggerate it.

1 Like

But what would you do with the freed up space in Mercy’s kit if valk were removed?

Key word

This is actually the most logical solution to the Mercy problem. No mass Rez and no Rez on cooldown. Just a good ole Rez as an ult. Just make it good. Instant and maybe with invulnerability so it isn’t a suicide mission. And yeah; it’s gotta charge fast.

I really really Iike this idea and think it’s what they should do

2 Likes

I see. But if they are low health they would probably die unless the team pulls a Transcendence or Sound Barrier.

I’m not defending Valkyrie, I absolutely despise it.

So we would basically have Mercy 2.0 without an ultimate?

Yeah, no, that’s not good enough for me. If several dps ults can multikill, or at least kill two fairly reliably, I’m not going to be happy with one easy rez. I want a fun and impactful ult, rez or no rez.

2 Likes

I would be motivated to play Mercy at that point, so it’s definitely an improvement from the current and past few iterations. It’s not perfect though.

I personally love fast charging ultimates, to me whole hog is the :ok_hand:

I mean, I love Coalescence, but it’s because it can be so clutch. I want that for Mercy too.

1 Like

If valk were removed, rez could possibly be made faster. Maybe not as clutch as Coalescence, but you could quickly revive, say, Zen with his ult ready, and he could clutch.

Or Mercy’s ult could be an additional “rez charge” that can be used to make rez a double. Not sure what ult charge would be fair for that.

But that’s the thing, according to everyone Mercy should only ever be a side-kick. I mean, even in lore she’s only mentioned in relation to other heroes!

I want her to be a hero in her own right, and I’m sure a single-target rez ult will not achieve this. If she ends up with that and no E I will definitely leave her forever when other supports have better and more fun kits.

3 Likes

At this point, I think a single rez ult would be great.

Regarding support ultimates, I see them as:

Ana: proactive

Mercy: reactive

Moira: prolonged sustain

Lucio: burst defense

Zenyatta: prolonged defense

Brigitte: bolsters team

Maybe integrate her bunnyhop into her E somehow, or make it “prioritize beam target” with a seperate cooldown

1 Like

To be fair, the job description is support. I know, I know, but zen carry whatever but real talk: you pick support, you pick a side kick. Of all of them, Mercy is the most “side kick”

That being said: you pick a support, you’re my hero. Whenever I get rezed I’m tripping like, “AN ANGEL HAS CHOSEN ME, BEGONE ASSORTED THOTS, MY TALE IS NOT YET OVER! MIRACULOUS DAY! BY THE POWER OF LORD KAPLAN, I SHALL SLAY ALL THOSE WHOM’ST APPROACH MINE SUPPORTS!”
You could have a carry support or 2 to swap to when mercy isn’t cutting it.

1 Like

I never feel this way with any other support though - with Ana I get the clutch sleeps and nades, with Moira I get the kills and Coalescence, with Lucio the boops and the barriers…

It’s really only Mercy I feel this way, and that’s an issue. I used to love her so much… and I just don’t anymore.