What if the 'forced losses' are true?

They aren’t “forced” losses. That is crazy talk… do you believe in wacky conspiracy theories about aliens and flat earth too?

Because that is what you sound like when you come here, going on about “forced” losses.

This game has machine learning as part of the match making. It is always analyzing you and every other player on a level that your simple mind cannot comprehend.

You are at the rank you deserve based upon YOUR SKILL, and YOUR SKILL ALONE.

The only common denominator in every one of your matches is YOU.

So take your conspiracy theories out of here.

The Deep AI machine learning code looks at YOUR stats… and groups you with players of equal skills.

So stop with the conspiracy talk. The matchmaker doesn’t give you forced losses. It looks at your skills displayed for the last few game and gives you perfectly fair matches.

The games you lose are not “forced”. That would be rigged matchmaking. And Blizzard is all about fairness. They would never rig a match.

Those games are technically referred to as “encouraged” losses by the dev team. :wink:

U really are everywhere dispatching truth :open_mouth:

this forum needs their mind to be on point, doing my best

1 Like

Its just bad luck. All it takes is one person not counter picking or just playing badly, a team comp that has no synergy. Healers that aren’t focused on healing, Tanks that wont take space or DPS that cant secure the kill. Too many variables for the game to actually force any result either way. Even a losing team that decides to swap and counter can turn the match around. Problem is people just get unlucky and this can happen multiple games in a row. Its unfortunate but not forced.

2 Likes

Forced losses ARE in Overwatch… getting matchmade into some of these ridiculous stomp games with gold to diamond players on the enemy while you have all bronze just proves that.
But they definitely do NOTHING to punish smurfs… the Devs love extra cheater bucks! It’s all they really care about.

1 Like

It may seem like it lol. Right now you have the fact that its the winter event so LOTS of casuals that dont understand the game on. The ticket system so DPS are playing roles they dont know how to play. Its absolute trash right now lol. Ive only been outdamaged maybe twice as a tank all day across two accounts of different SR ranges. (not smurfung just newer account and haven’t really played much comp on this one). Other than that its not usually this bad. Right now it terrible though Ill admit that. It seems like the games is making me lose but I know its in reality just bad players, or those that dont play very often and dont keep up with meta and what not, or players that are on roles they dont know. So every game feels like an absolute mess.

I agree, forced losses are not a thing. BUT my question was, what if they were and only applied to bad people?

Seriously thou, I would tend to believe it’s more a Dunning–Kruger effect happening (a type of cognitive bias in which people believe that they are smarter and more capable than they really are)

1 Like

They’re not forced, per say. As you say, the matchmaker groups you with players of equal skill, and this is in fact the whole problem.

Think of it this way: real-world sports tournaments generally have seedings, to prevent the best players from facing eachother early. The OW matchmaker attempts to get 50/50 each match, which is the exact opposite of seedings; it’d be like intentionally putting the best and second best players against eachother in the first round of a tournament, since their pairing will be the closest to 50/50 you can get for each player. The second best player in the tournament will consistently end up in last place in this system, although he should be consistently placed second best in a fair system. Nevertheless, this is what we have for OW.

Maximal misery for everyone. The matchmaker is intentionally making competitive feel like a struggle though quicksand, pulling you back in whenever you move. It ensures nobody goes anywhere fast, or at all. Those who break free and manage to climb either get lucky, or are so good at their respective ranks that the matchmaker is unable to balance it out. This is the opposite of what a matchmaker should do.

Few days ago I had a 10x loss streak on an alt(low dia) I hadn’t touched in over a year, I’ve gained 400+ sr since then but thought it was funny since I had a 9 win streak the day before on another account (master) that is much higher.

Unlucky :frowning: https ://imgur.com/a/dd8510s

What works for me is stop caring about loss and only see it as to get better and improve and focus on yourself because you can’t control your teammates… and telling them to switch will make them tilted and throw. Last game we had sigma+hog against rein+orisa. No way we could win that so I just focus on practicing my hero and just enjoy the game. Even if i have loss streak, the game becomes easy and you will climb again because you got better. If you try too hard to win, you will sweat too much and get dissapointed.

1 Like

Losses are not “Forced.” But competitive play is handicapped with Match Making Rating:

Do you freak out when someone washes their hands and leaves a drip of water on top of the faucet? Asking for a friend…

Your post sounds great - but what happens when your perfect world of stats is infiltrated by variables? (Smurfs, throwers, leavers, DC’s…etc). No algorithm can predict when someone’s internet will go out, when someone will have a mental snap and rage quit…or the personality of a troll who enters the game simply to use a symmetra teleporter off a cliff or a mei who decides it’s funny to block her team into their own spawn point.

The game just isn’t that linear, although it would be great if it were.

siga hog is onee of tje best tank comps right tnow??? definiteely beter than rien orisa wtf

1 Like

You didn’t read my post to the end or are one of those people that need a large /S.

You’re right. I didn’t. If they paid me to read drivel and diatribes…I might have. You lost me after the first two sentences. Why? Because people who just start out on this game literally can’t “carry” when they go into comp. They are level 25 and have to go up against T500 trolls every other match (literally). So please - let go of daddy bliz’s pocket and dare to think for yourself eh? (by the way - John doesn’t give two fs about you desperately trying to defend him so wipe the sh from your nose)

My post was 90% cut and paste of forum apologists statements about their busted matchmaker.

if forced losses were true there would be unwinnable games on my smurf account. there aren’t. if i want to win, i’ll win.

1 Like

If that’s true, it’s doing a terrible job of doing so.

lol, you have a smurf account when this one is ranked 1800?

sure, why not. I don’t take the game seriously anymore.

EDIT: You win some, you tie some. Back in gold again on dps after a good night. I was sure we were going to lose a couple of those, too. The last game we had someone leave then come back a few mins later, and a real toxic guy spamming chat that called himself a smurf. If he really was a smurf, he was soft throwing. https:// imgur. com/a/5BOG3Ff