What if teammates can give their ultimate percentage to the others?

This would be interesting to experiment on a new hero, but yeah giving everyone the ability to transfer ultimate charge would be overkill.

Oh yeah lets dump all our ult charges into Ana and Genji so they have nano blade every fight.

The detail discount number can be discussed later. Maybe 80% off would be better. Then it requires the other 5 teammates with 100% charge to give an empty Genji together to fully charge him again. I think it is unlikely to happen given the fact of human’s selfishness.

Anyway, today if your enemies select GOAT, how will your team fight? The most secure way is to mirror GOAT, and all damage heroes are sitting on the bench. This is exactly what happened in OWL this season. 4 competitions at night, each one has 4 or 5 maps, each map has 2 or 3 rounds, and guess what? I watched the same heroes fighting in almost all 30-40 rounds.

If the devs actually added this I’d probably just quit the game.

Still a creative idea, I guess.

And maybe got nothing because the enemies’ Zen or Lucio got charged 3 or 4 times every fight.

Just nope. (20 chars)

What if, to make her more viable, Moira stole ult charge when she drains you?

Of course, her equipment would just convert it to harmless environment-friendly water vapor.

I think you give people way too much credit. People are inclined to pick the cheesiest or easiest methods of victory and success, that’s why metas exist. Giving them the option of stacking one or two very powerful ults will just make the problem worse if not create more.

I’d rather see a buff to Junkrat and Pharah, as the two heroes are very close in function, and Pharah (prenerf) was a very effective method to dealing with GOATS. Make these two heroes more viable in general and you’ll get another alternative to dealing with this strat.

I’d literally just give it to Zarya or Sombra every fight.

All ults are not on similar power levels, so it would make some ults even more useless than they already are.

1 Like

I feel it would literally be:

“Everyone just dump your ults into Nano+Blade for easy win”

2 Likes

If anything, I’d see this as an ability of a new support hero. It may have its own ult, but it could also sacrifice its ult charge for others in the team, ensuring they can get their win conditions together.

The obvious flaws with this are 1) it would break the balance of each ult having a specific ult charge based on how impactful it is, and 2) it’s pretty boring compared to other ways of increasing ally ult charge gain (damage boosting) or just providing another win condition with a usable ultimate. In all, I don’t think this kind of mechanic would be very healthy for the game.

GOATs already gets ult charge super quick, if anything this would be a buff to it. Grav+Bomb didn’t wipe everyone? Pour the other 4 teammates ults into Zarya and Dva and do it a second time in the same fight. Grav, by its very mechanic, gains the whole team a lot of charge, especially if they’re all brawling and all have cleave damage like GOATs. We’d probably see 3+ Gravs a fight, which would just be dumb.

I’m pretty sure this is the first OWL where literally every hero has been picked. The GOATs hate has actually blinded people at this point.

Meanwhile ladder gets even more toxic as players of heroes with team-wipe ults harass people into giving them all their ult charge all the time.

In that case, D.Va’s ult can be hacked. Moira will stay in the enemy’s behind and keep draining D.Va, while the other teammates keep firing. D.Va would not notice Moira is behind because Moira only contributes little of the total damage.

Yup… thus, Moira not only gains ground in being viable, she helps prevent stacking.

See my posting on this over here:

I wouldn’t say give the target immediate charge.

Maybe an Ultimate Accelerant ultimate, where it gives all damage/healing done 50% more worth in ultimate charge points.

They have been picked, then changed before webt out of the base, or changed after the first death.

I did saw some for several minitues, correct me but I really don’t remember who played Mei or Reaper/Torb/76/Genji/Pharah etc., for a complete fight in this season so far.

Even so, there were heroes that were played for literally 0 time in past metas. They weren’t even worth trying. But apparently in GOATs, they were.

No thanks, I don’t want to be ulted by zarya or sombra 2 times in a row…

Rein gets ult every 30 seconds, you want rein to get shatter every 30 secs and give it to characters with insane ults, zarya, lucio, zen, genji, ashe? No thanks.

They don’t try. They are professional players and they have trained many times with other methods and every team’s conclusion is the same: almost all the other methods are less effective and less secure than to mirror GOATs.