What if Rez costed ult charge?

been there, done that. Lets focus on moving forward not back please. There’s enough threads talking about the revert crap.

I think at this point we have hit a wall made.of bedrock

Its time to turn back and take a left.inestead of a right

2 Likes

I seem to have misspelled greatness.

Rez on a resource meter means that Mercy gets Ult charge AND res charge from healing. They would never put that in the game because It makes Mercy’s healing literally more valuable than the other healer meaning it’s smart for the other healer to just let Mercy do all the healing.

I don’t see anyone calling current Mercy a revert, even though Mercy used to have a version of Valkyrie as her ult during the game’s alpha version.

Putting rez back on Q wouldn’t be a revert if they kept the GA bounce and gave Mercy a new E ability in the process.

Also what do you do with canceled rezes, will she still lose ult charge for a failed rez? Are we on a road to simply make the E ability as unappealing to use as possible? Ever thought of how unfun it is to have an ability that self stuns for 1.75 sec that doesn’t even feel rewarding to use? For the sake of keeping the fluidity and the fun of her game play. Taking rez off the E is the best option.

1 Like

No no, how about…:

We nerf her healing to 40 hps.

1 Like

Blizzard should have hire you

Idk about canceled Rez’s. It could go either way depending on what is more balanced. I guess I would prefer that canceled Rez’s do not count because I think it’s fun to take risks and don’t think that attempting to make a difficult play should be discouraged.

& for the record I actually think that current rez is really fun and really playable. I love nothing more than pulling off a sneaky Rez or even when my team helps me get the Rez off by holding a shield or giving me a bubble. That feels really rewarding IMO

I agree.

But they can’t remove it from mercy’s kit entirely.

It’s her signature ability. Even the devs have gone on record to say that mercy’s core design revolves around “Strong single target healing, fluid mobility, and rez.” Removing it would also remove a huge chunk of her cosmetics and invalidate most IRL Mercy mechanise (including a very pricy statue).

Rez can’t stay on E, but it also can’t leave her kit… Which leaves Q as the only place for it to go.

1 Like

Implying sacrificing Valkyrie charge would be a hard choice to make. With 50/hps it’s now an even MORE boring and soulless spectator mode than it already is.

4 Likes

I mean, hypothetically, if it was a certainty that Rez will NEVER be her ult again and that Mercy is NOT ever going to be reverted; would ya’ll at least prefer something like this as opposed to the healing nerf?

I feel like it’s not that bad of an idea but it’s shunned upon because everyone just wants rez as an ult again.

Perhaps the better way to look at this is for Mercy to just have two ults, like the old Symm. That way rez won’t be an OP ability on cooldown but her kit also wouldn’t revolve around her team having to die first before she can use her ult.

Rez can stay on e though…
Even if that eventually means Mercy is slowly adjusted into a rez bot who’s not great at anything else.

What do you guys think of this?

-Rez is no longer on a 30 second cooldown. It now costs 50% ult charge if used outside of Valk or you can use one rez during Valk. Rez now has an instant cast time but still with a 3 meter radius.

Fair compromise? It makes Rez an earned ability. It pretty much makes Rez her ult again while not even getting rid of Valk. If it’s OP then we drop the instant cast time and/or tweak the numbers on the ult charge cost.

The problem with rez as the sole ultimate is that it requires Mercy’s team to die before she can use her ult. Blizzard doesn’t want this mechanic in the game because they want Mercy to be doing everything she can to keep her team ALIVE. And I agree with this.

The problem with Rez on E is that it’s so Overpowered that they had to nerf her damn healing. It’s also not favorable that such a strong ability isn’t earned and that she gets it to start every team fight.

And so we must find a compromise.

REZ IS NOT WHY MERCY IS TOO STRONG.

She has the best mobility out of all healers. She has no limits to her healing (reloads, resources, cooldowns), she has damage boost, and she has a fast charging ultimate that allows her entire team to simultaneously have a pocket Mercy for FIFTEEN seconds. And then after all that, she has rez.

You could literally remove rez altogether and otherwise leave mercy as is and she would still be the top main healer. Or at least in competition for it.

Rez isnt the problem. Her healing output combined with valkyrie plus her mobility is what makes her so damn reliable. Rez is just the frosting on the cake.

What if rez and guardian angel shared the same resource meter?

lol, you just listed everything that Mercy’s kit has. Every character in the game has abilities that do things. You obviously just don’t like the character.

Oh please, you know thats to logical for some people on the forums to understand :unamused:

Shes literally my most played hero though.