What if Omnics came before Humans?

Considering that we see ancient technology in Overwatch, what if Omnics arent as recent in the Overwatch universe as we think? What if Omnics came before Humans, and they invented Humans via bioengineering. Then a “Human Crisis” happened, wiping out Omnics a long time ago. Just a silly idea I think would be a fun plot twist!

1 Like

What ancient technology? We’ve already been told that Omnics were made by humans.

3 Likes

hi, dr6! we know omnics were made by humans, you’re right they were. just a silly idea throwing out there if omnics existed before being wiped out and invented by humans, if that makes sense. i just mean “ancient technology” like the things we see in the Anubis facility, or even the artifact that is Doomfist’s gauntlet

1 Like

Neither the Anubis facility nor the Doomfist gauntlet are ancient. The Doomfist Gauntlet isnt even the oldest weapon in the game. That would probably be Ashe’s rifle.

2 Likes

Sounds like an amazing plot twist, but I don’t think ow writers would pull this card ! :frowning:

Like they died out in a planet of the apes situation? Kinda cool but not very likely.

1 Like

I do not think that would be an interesting twist for this game. This game is supposed to be our world but 60 years in the future. The main ideal of the game is an optimistic future. Redefining the past ist just a silly twist that devalues the core identity that makes Overwatch Overwatch.

1 Like

As interesting as it is as a concept, it has a tonne of holes before you even look at the official lore. For example, if Omics preceded humans, created them and then humans overthrew them, why would they never record it in history? The downfall of a civilisation would probably leave a mark in the books regardless of who it was, mechanical or biological.

Add that to the fact that Omics appear to have no ancient technology of any sort (no ruins of a previous civilisation, for example) and it doesn’t gel with what we have. That said, cool idea! Write a sci-fi novel, OP. I believe in you!

1 Like

Wait, what about the omniums and the Omnica Corporation?

You mean the Omnica Corporation really just discovered a well-preserved Omnic specimen, programming docs, and build schematics from a long-forgotten war, all in an undiscovered language, translated it somehow, and created them, unleashing a pandora’s box situation?

Or is it more like these Omnics are mole people who were living deep underground and the omniums were all just covers for the metal men to rise from the Earth?

Or maybe these omnics are aliens who are pretending to live as humans and are trying to subvert human society by slowly introducing members of their hivemind alien race, tried to take us over, failed, and are either a. trying to build up our trust again so they can try again or b. Just trying to make amends for being murderous jerks.

I mean, it could happen, I’m thinking something a la the Forerunners from Halo.