What if Moira could heal through barriers

Unorganised spray is not the same as a precision beam.

Makes the most sense of anything in this game if it can’t go through barriers.

Plus Moira has her orb if she needs to go through barriers in a pinch

1 Like

It’s a beam. A spray is the animation

Why? A noodle beam can avoid barriers but not…water?

Mercy can fly to allies in a pinch. Should she be stopped from healing by a barrier?

The healing through barrier fix was necessary IMO. Even with it, she’s still healing like crazy.

That made her absolutely shred and invalidate Sym. No thanks, Sym has enough counters.

It’s spray.

Precision would make sense for piercing a barrier, spray makes sense that it just hits it or lands on it as it’s not focussed in any fashion.

And Moira has a short CD invulnerability, What’s the point of your third point?

… her numbers didn’t even really change. Why did she need it in your opinion?

Ahh, then her dmg beam should be uninhibited by barriers in this logic.

It was in relation to healing. Not mobility and survivability. Mercy has range and mobility so why does she not get stopped with a barrier?

Ugh, I hated that about launch Moira. Sym was already trash… :sob::sob:

Because over-extended teammates that went behind barriers or were caught in a Winston bubble became nearly impossible to kill while Moira healed them with the orb + spray. For such an easy hero, she currently dishes out enough heals in the game. Healing through barriers isn’t needed when it made it difficult to punish people who made really poor calls.

Do Zarya and Symmetra get that, too?.. like there’s literally no need for it to go through barriers. If her numbers are the same after the fix then why change it lol.

Those go hand-in-hand. Mercy can heal through it because she also has to put herself at risk. She gets no method of invulnerability, and her mobility to escape is dependent on other people. If she’s dead because she messed up or because she was too close and couldn’t escape, then she’s not healing.

Moira can slip in and out, and her orbs still go through barriers to heal. And she has damage capabilities if needed to keep herself in place. She can better maintain her presence by her teammates and continue to heal them once they step out of the barrier. Mercy by herself or without a teammate that she can fly to away from her teammates is going to die. There’s more of a risk factor for Mercy when she also can’t heal herself like Moira can outside of the regeneration.

1 Like

I guess I see it as neutral. It’s just a matter of how you’re playing. Similarly, on Winston, blocking off ana is huge to interrupt. But this doesn’t apply to mercy or zen. I think it should be viable to pick Moira for such cases. It can save some bad Ally players, but also punish bad enemy players

No… That’s why I was saying it to one person in respect to their logic of beam vs spray … This is not my stance.

Again, function. Example given above.

There is not.

Mercy and Moira are foils to another. Their pros and cons should be equal.

Mercy has much more mobility than Moira, but is contingent on others. Moira is mobile on her own, but limited. Mercy has aerial access, Moira does not. But Moira can be invulnerable.
Mercy can self sustain but only out of combat. Moira can self sustain but mostly in combat.

Mercy and Moira should have a baseline of healing in front of them reliably. Putting a barrier for one, should mean that Moira needs even more output than Mercy than already given to be fair in the context of being her foil. Which would be far too op. Keeping the baseline of just uninhibited healing, is good design imo. From there, you expand on the differences.