What if Mercy isn't supposed to be a Main healer?

Every one of the off-healers can heal and damage at the same time:
Lucio - heal aura
Zen - harmony
Brig - passive

The main healers pump out a high # of hps, at the cost of not being able to do damage while healing:
Ana - primary
Moira - primary

And then there’s Mercy.

4 Likes

While it could be done, that’s just spitting on the lore. Why wouldn’t be a medic, an angel a main healer? Just why? Because people are crying for every lock-on ability now? Then make her beam like a Sym/Zarya mouse1 and buff it to 90/sec, boom, problem solved.

She could be an off-healer with higher projectile speed on her blaster that debuffs her targets for idk, 30% damage dealt for 1 second and her damage boost on staff (with a non-locking beam described above) raised to 40% but seriously, why? That could already be a completely different hero.

And she has Damage boost and Rez. Maybe it doesn’t in the role of a main heal/off heal. But she still has something though.

You can either extend the amount of time until your teammate dies, or let one of your teammates die in order to res someone. That’s how Mercy’s kit functions right now. Your team’s grouped up? Let me pop valkyrie to give my team Lucio’s heal on amp. There’s rarely any time to damage boost now with the healing nerf. Mercy can’t keep up compared to the other healers that can increase their healing output.

Mercy’s breadstick is no match for Moira’s hands

Moira has damage orb and ana has nade and sleep does that all the sudden make them off supports?

1 Like

no, it makes Ana overloaded and the reason she’ll never get the mobility/self defense buffs her players want

I’d hardly consider damage orb utility, it’s just more of what Moira can already do.

1 Like

Blizzard official statement is Mercy is suppose to have the most healing over time in a match (consistent) vs other healers (if thats not main healing idk what else to say). Issue is they need to tweak the numbers but people are not waiting on them to come out with their changes. We know its coming though.

1 Like

Personally I doubt it. I think Blizzard is pushing Mercy to the side because they’re bored of working on her & they can never get it right.

Well they will visit her eventually if we take their own words of design at face value.

They’ve stated she’s meant to be the go-to healer.

:stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

This^^ all the anti-main healer threads are cherry picking with this stuff.

1 Like

i dont think mercy has enough utility to be an off healer

Kappa

2 Likes

I’ve found forgoing damage boost in favor of just shooting ends up much better while still maintaining around 10k healing

Victory
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/462438614446374914/496115531888197632/20180930_202544.jpg?width=719&height=540

(barely) Defeat

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/462438614446374914/494238996222836736/20180923_003601.jpg?width=719&height=540

Victory

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/462438614446374914/493114700993658880/latest_stats.jpg?width=719&height=405

1 Like

at least we have now your 2 cents from the beloved xoxo

Why a gotta smak sjdfkajdks? They didn’t do nuthin to you!

She was originally promoted as as “powerful, single target healer.”

It’s truer now, because she can’t juggle targets that much without risking one of them dying due to her lower HPS. If it was perhaps 55 HPS, it’d be better.

Then the logic is flawed as she can only do one thing at a time opposed of the rest of the support.

Mercy has to either has to choose to heal or damage boost or deal damage. This is where her skill comes into play as she can only preform one task at a time.

All the other supports can at least preform 2 task at a time, which is Deal Damage and Heal at the same time. If Mercy is not supposed to be a main healer, then she needs to be abled to preform other tasks like the rest of the supports.

At this point in time, is she even a secondary healer?

She doesn’t have enough HPS to be a main healer and not enough utility to be a secondary/off-healer.

So, she’s in a weird, obnoxious spot.