What if Mercy healed +10 more

What’s the point of this buff when the healing goes away once a hero gets hit for 1 point of damage?

1 Like

I think it’s pretty clear devs don’t want to bring back mass rez, or eliminate Valk as an Ult.

Doesn’t mean they can’t make things more fun though.

Valkyrie:

• Press Q to toggle between chain beams, and focus beams.
  • Focus healing beams have 90 heals per second, heal only one teammate, and the shorter basic beam length.
  • Focus boost beams have 40% damage boost, boost only one teammate, and the shorter basic beam length.

Secondary Ultimate: Resurrect

• Ult Charge high enough to average 5 ults per game
  • 0.5 second cast time

https://i.imgur.com/th4hFBX.jpg

5 Likes

No thank you.

5 Likes

To heal make healing outside of combat less boring.

1 Like

Or just a full ramp up healing based of of how long they haven’t been in combat. I would love to see something similar to the Medics Medi-gun from TF2 and how all those numbers work.

Mercy’s not a tank healer. Its the only niche where Mercy never excelled at, i dont see why we need her to be good at everything again

1 Like

Precisely, that’s the point - up until this latest PTR patch, projectiles were consistent. Now Roadhog’s projectile weapon is having falloff added.

Just so that I’m not completely off-topic: I agree that +10 healing sounds like a reasonable buff for Mercy, not just four seconds after not taking damage. In fact, on top of that buff, let’s replace her spectator-mode ultimate with something game-changing like Resurrect, and to make it worthy of its ultimate status have it resurrect multiple teammates. :angel:

1 Like

That could work too.

Honestly 60hp/s really wasn’t a problem after all the other support changes.

8 Likes

The ball itself is the projectile the moment it explodes its hitscan.

Your buff will still make Mercy boring cause you have to wait 4 seconds till you can start healing people better but one point of damage makes you useless if you can understand what I’m saying.

2 Likes

Some people think the nerf to Mercy’s healing is what brought Ana back, but fail to realize that an instant 300HP heal with her Nanoboost is an insane buff that skyrocketed her back into the meta.

4 Likes

Considering Mercy’s pickrate, something had to be nerfed.

Considering before Ana’s ultimate buff which came alongside Mercy’s nerf, she only ever had to compete in the main healer slot with Moira.

1 Like

Her pro pickrate was already dropping prior to that patch, and the Ana and Lucio buffs are very substantial and make her far less necessary.

1 Like

I don’t think this game should be primarily balanced around 0.0000000000001% of the playerbase.

1 Like

But it’s entirely reasonable to think that most of the ladder could run GOATS.

1 Like

For the most part, they can. It’s a pretty easy comp to pull off. Way easier than Dive.

I’ve also seen plenty of “Sloppy GOATS” work well.

Like:
Rein, Dva, Moira, Brig, Lucio, Reaper

Yep, and all those comps do well without Mercy and against Mercy. 60hp/s was fine.

4 Likes

So what would you have nerfed on Mercy last patch instead?