What if Mercy could apply overheals that decay overtime?

A nerf and a correction are not mutually exclusive. Any change can be a nerf. Fact is, that whether it was a correction or not, it makes it more difficult to get value out of Mercy.

Being able to be knocked back while airborne is a nerf that was not needed considering shes in a good spot balance wise. It may be a correction but it is still factually a nerf.

A correction is still a nerf if it negatively affects a hero.

She was immune to knockback effects while airborne and now she is not.

That is a negative change for Mercy and it is a nerf to Mercy.

I don’t think overhealing while the top tiers are trying to get rid of GOATs is going to fly very well. :confused:

Factually, a cast time is indistinguishable from a stun in that you are unable to do anything in the time you are rezzing. The only difference is you can move at a 75% speed reduction.

When Mercy uses Resurrect she stuns herself for that time. McCree similarly when he uses deadeye, stuns himself until he cancels the animation or activates it. Reaper also stuns himself just before and after he teleports in shadow step.

A cast-time is a self-inflicted stun to balance out an otherwise extremely strong ability.

You can say no or refute it all you want.

Mercy stuns herself when using Resurrect for 1.75 seconds until she is able to act again.

Both of the changes to Mercy are corrections, not nerfs

Already made a thread about this a couple of months ago. It got a lot of views but no one participated in it :confused:.

150HP overheal seems like too much imo. I suggested 10% of all heroes original HP.

She would be more interesting, but probably a must pick again.

The one change is a nerf. It may be a correction but just because it is a correction does not mean it is not a nerf.

The change to damage boost isnt really one because it has equal benefits and downsides.

But factually, being able to be knocked back while airborne where you were not able to be knocked back before, is a nerf to Mercy.

1 Like

Factually, it is a correction, not a nerf

Factually, it may be a correction, but the end result is a susceptibility to knockback while airborne which she did not have before.

Therefore, it is a nerf even if it is a correction.

The change is a nerf.

Yea*
I hate how often people say “yea” when they mean “yeah”, but that mistake there was impressive. :anguished:

I know 100%, that this idea will be more likely to go to new healer, than be applied to Mercy.

no

first she should get the ability to dispel/cleanse

I agree with your idea, but I think my idea would be a priority.

no disrespet

It is a correction, a change to remove something from flying objects that flying objects never should have had

no… imo mercy is about consistency. using resources outside of a direct manner is against her design imo

150 is a bit much, as if Mercy needs any buffs (which I don’t think she does) they need to be minor. 30 - 50, tops.

Even then, this is beyond minor. Tying to rez or valk might work, but I don’t know to be honest.

An Ult is an Ult. Every heroes Ult should be grand — not just a DPS’s Ult. Each hero should get it’s chance at making a play. Mercy included.

OP never said anything about this being an ult. It wouldn’t be a bad ult despite overlapping with rally and sound barrier to some extent, but OP was presumably talking about this overheal as an ability or beam.

And a correction is not mutually exclusive with a nerf. She is less consistent while airborne due to being able to be knocked back. That is a nerf.

Whether or not it is a correction is irrelevant. It is still a nerf.

It isnt a nerf, but rather a correction