What if Mei could freeze water with her blaster for mobility purposes?

For example, on Rialto, she could freeze some water in canals and walk on ice.
And if there were more maps with bodies of water to be added to the game, she could use this feature for mobility purpose for herself and her teammates.
Just a random thought I had, please ignore, I have too much free time.

4 Likes

A potential for a new gamemode. Nice

1 Like

Meice skating.

2 Likes

I’ve always dreamed of Mei being able to freeze the solid ground underneath her and letting her skate or slide for mobility increasement.
Frozen ground should accelerate you faster and increase your walking speed, but making it harder to do turnarounds or change momentum :smiley:
It’s probably the best, if only mei would be affected. Because constantly slipping enemies, even if it’s hilarious, would be annyoing haha xD
Furthermore it would be fun, if you could freeze stairs and ramps and make it impossible to others to reach the top… yeah… i’m evil xD

I just want her wall to be slippery, I want to see fear in the eyes of the Genji/Hanzo I just cornered.

Feels like something that would be hold back by the Tech the same way the hero who could temporarily delete part of the map to create new paths.

You know the dev team tried this idea a long time ago…but thye just founds that mei players would be spending a lot of time looking at the ground

1 Like

Too logical, Blizzard would never digress. If i need to back up my point, just look at the Lucio buff, it now creates a temporary anti gravity field, apparently that is what high frequency sound waves do now?

Geoff already talked about why Mei doesn’t has mobility:

2 Likes

there is that post i was talking about… Thxs buddy :slight_smile:

The maps are not designed with that in mind. In fact the reason there is water on most maps is to prevent the players going out of bounds (even though there are invisible walls)

But that’s not what I meant with my OP. Freezing the ground to move faster is one thing, freezing water to create paths where other heroes aren’t capable of moving is another. Meh. Whatever. Who cares.

It’d be interesting if Mei could place her ice wall on water like on Volskaya.