What if Hanzo had hitscan-sized arrows?

The part people fail to mention in this arguement is that projectiles have a bigger target to hit. When you see enemy hurtboxes they have a red outline around them. Hitscan weapons have to hit within these outlines to register as a hit, whereas projectiles are able to hit the outlines themselves.

Hanzo’s issue is that not only does he have the fastest projectiles, he also has by far the highest damaging. This is ridiculous IMO, and the main reason that the speed changes need reverting.

People say this but I don’t think they have played Ana. Her unscoped shots are actually slightly slower than Hanzo’s new arrows. I play a decent amount of Hanzo and his arrows are nowhere near as small as Ana’s.

Hitscan doesn’t have a size. That’s what makes it hitscan.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s the hit registration accuracy more than ‘size’ that I was talking about. Obviously with hitscan being more a registry of whether the trajectory would pass through the character model hitbox than the ‘bullet’ itself.

That is to say, a projectile of the smallest possible width/height would be preferable to the log arrows currently used.

Cheers, I thought it might be in reference to this, but wasn’t sure where to look.

Developer Comments: Altering the size of projectiles in flight had too many unintended side effects to keep in the game, at least in its current form. We will continue watching this and make additional changes if necessary. We’re also making quick melee more consistent when interacting with enemy abilities.

So in reference to this specifically, I imagine the server tick rate had a lot to do with it, tracking the intersection of hitboxes as player positions move around the map. It’s kind of irritating that they just decided to make everything hit and insta-kill rather than let potentially bad shots miss. Honestly, I wish they’d have fixed these issues and made it harder to land shots (and more rewarding to be skilled at landing shots) rather than baby’s first FPS with overly forgiving hitboxes.

They pretty much did when they sped up his arrows.

hm. No they did not.

Projectiles in this game require tracking skills, making an archer, who is the epitome of using tracking skills to make skills, into a hitscan (while still… using a bow… that needs to be drawn back???) would alienate any player coming in who is good at tracking either from practice in this game or any other game with a bow and arrow mechanic.

Zenyatta can 1HKO some characters if they’ve got discord on them, and he’s got some huge projectiles, but nobody seems bothered by a Zen doing so.

It’s only Hanzo who gets all the flack, and the false ‘his arrows are huge’ bs. The hitboxes in this game are huge - his arrows are not the problem.

2 Likes

No-one wants him to be hitscan. All we’re saying is, reduce his station wagon sized arrow hitboxes down to the size of… arrows.

Inb4 smallest projectiles in muh game. They’re stupidly huge even if they are the smallest.

delete projectiles from the game and make everyone hitscan

Have you seen his actual arrows sticking out of a person in game? They are HUGE, and you want them that size??

1 Like

I want them at least that thin. And tbh I know that the hitbox IS longer than the actual arrow anyway.

I mean dismissed as a troll. If you claim Hanzo doesnt require aim you are seriously Bronze.

1 Like

He requires aim in the same way that Junkrat requires aim… in the loosest sense of the word. It’s spam, lets be real, it’s not like Widow where you actually have to try to make each shot count.

(I’m also well aware you’re a Hanzo onetrick smurf type… so try to have a bit of humor. I know it doesn’t come naturally to Shimada mains.)

Threads like this distill down to:

“I don’t like Hanzo.”

“I like Hanzo.”

a bunch of subjective bickering back and forth

“Well, I don’t like Hanzo.”

“Well, I like Hanzo.”

Yup definitely a troll. flagged.

You are flagging my post because I’m pointing out the truth? He DOESN’T require aim to hit with his log arrows. It’s not even a secret! Everyone knows it! He’s always been a hero based on spam damage and RNG headshots.

Where do you even think these images come from!? :smiley:

You can try to aim with him, but the fact is that he hits shots that would whiff by a mile on other heroes that actually require the aiming reticle to be over the character hitbox.