What if Hammond was the evil Tank

For me, it would be an amazing story twist. People might think Hammond was a good character simply because he’s a cute looking hamster.

Take some movies for an example:

The Good Dinosaur (Disney Pixar), the audience might have thought T-rexes were bad characters simply because they were ruthless, meat-eating predators. Instead, they were actually good and helpful to the main characters. Personally, it’s really awesome that Pixar made them good as T-rexes were mostly portrayed negatively.

Zootopia (Disney), Bellwether appeared to be sweet, innocent-looking sheep but she’s the main antagonist. Foxes were commonly depicted as cunning tricksters, especially in Aesop’s fables. Nick Wilde decided to be a con-artist because of his troubled past, but he was sympathetic towards those who experience prejudice, again because of his past.

Back to Hammond, he seems ignored the chaotic surroundings. The gorillas were rampaging in the background while he continued building his things in his story trailer.

What if Hammond was responsible for causing the uprising? Without the humans’ interference, Hammond could escape, free roam around the Moonbase and do whatever he intends to. Unlike Winston, Winston decided to escape from Lunar Colony as he never wanted to be part of this riot.

In Junkertown, Hammond had a lot of fun with mech battles. This means he might actually enjoy the violence a lot.

Based on one of Hammond’s sprays, Hammond and Winston were friends when little, but things could change as the time went by.
If Winston and Hammond were truly friends, Winston would have brought Hammond along, built a makeshift rocket and escaped to the Earth together. Instead, Winston built it by himself and Hammond secretly followed Winston because he sensed the opportunity.

Sigma was released as an evil Tank, but the fact is that he was being used instead of joining Talon willingly. Just like Widowmaker, she’s brainwashed by Talon and became their agent carrying out assassinations.

3 Likes

Currently Hammond seems to be morally ambiguous and chaotic.

• there is a possibile chance he caused the ape’s Lunar revolt’s massacre, as we have evidence that he escaped containment most easily.
  • there is no evidence of him caring for any Lunar staff like Winston has.
  • his escape with Winston was entirely in secret, to the point his pod snapping off was unnoticed or ignored by Winston when the split during impact.
  • his prerogative, initially, was only to survive, from evacuating the moon to adapting to probably the least lucky place to land on Earth.
  • his identity and even personality was likely to never be revealed to the public, but he does display enthusiasm for destruction and competition. May be side effects to his first societal imprint on humanity (again, this was probably the worst place for a super intelligent animal to land.)
  • though just ‘adventuring’ was the vague reason he left Junkertown, I think there’s more to it.

He’s truly among the most mysterious heroes with the most potential for character growth, but I think it’d make some sense that he truly wondered how much better (or worse to a Junker’s perspective) the rest of society was.

My favorite angle with Hammond’s lore was always that while Winston found a forgiving and open civilization, Hammond landed in a barbaric one. Just what will he do when he sees the rest of the world?

3 Likes

chaotic neutral hammond best hammond

Somehow I wanted to see him as chaotic evil as it would be an amazing change, instead of another ‘cute animals are good’ cliche.

2 Likes

Seems like a rather cliche “twist” to me. Tbh I expected Hammond to be evil when he was announced.

Based on his story trailer, the narrator seems talked about Hammond in very positive way. Many people believe Hammond was good due to his cute outlook and the sound he made (e.g Deck the Halls voice line.)

Hammond’s just a glorified gangsta, actually when you think about it and look at all his emotes and voice-lines.

The initial reveal of Horizon Lunar Colony suggests that the main troublemaker was a gorilla named Simon.

1 Like

Cool take; I had the thought the other day that his part in the lore likely will be- and I don’t know if other people have floated this idea- that Hammond is essentially going to be the Junker Queen’s ‘enforcer’ who is charged with hunting down Junkrat and Roadhog after they send the treasure-bomb.

I’m pretty sure Winston didn’t initially bring him along with him was because Hammond had a tendency of escaping.

It is quite possible he escaped a night or two before the actual revolt.

In Hammond’s mind if everyone was going crazy and destroying the place interacting with Winston probably wasn’t there safest possible thing considering he didn’t know Winston side in the matter so simply improvising away to hitch a ride was probably the smartest move his mind.

Also Hammond definitely seems to be a chaotic neutral character they have fun and go on adventures but it’s not at all concerned with others

There is an interaction between Hammond and Sombra that suggests that he could be working for Talon…

Sombra : Now I’ve seen it all. I’m supposed to work with a giant rat?

… Most likely it’s just meant as a funny line but it’s something.

1 Like

I think Hammonds just kinda chaotic neutral

1 Like

she also compares him to her stuffed bear, Arturito.

The violence is kind of hinted at by his voice lines. He obviously has a competitive nature to say “smashed” and “get rekt”

I don’t think that line is an indication that he is working for Talon. She says they are working together because they are on the same team. Widow/Tracer have similar lines, but Widow didn’t join Overwatch.

I don’t see sigma as bad, just a disturbed mind that has controlled the claw and makes it bad without a right conscience that it really does

If anything, if or when Mauga comes, he’ll most likely be the evil tank tbh

anyone can gave me some ‘‘light’’? jeff ever separate PvE from Hero Missions, what is the hero missions? is missions with non-overwatch members ? ‘-’

Do you remember all heroes modes from archive missions? Hero missions are the same thing but now it includes all maps and progression systems (e.g. talent system).

ow, thanks xD

Post must be at least 20 character

1 Like