What if Brigitte doesn't use her shield to bash?

The shield should just take 125 damage if she hit someone, that could solve some problems

8 Likes

This is moving towards the right direction. Now she can’t be in front of rein and just push him over. But she can be boosted in front and then knock him over from the side. But overall it seemed like not a drastic hammer on Brig’s head so ty for that.

6 Likes

the bash change is a nerf to rein compositions

the bash + shatter combo is one of the strongest parts of the composition and it’s going to be less effective against every main tank, winston included

13 Likes

You do know other heroes have shields right?

14 Likes

Genji can reflect all melee. So probably in a similar fashion to that.

2 Likes

so a straight buff to the best tank in the game?
I don’t see the logic in that but whatever.

12 Likes

I just think this is an odd change, as I am all for to tone down Brigitte, but this one seems weird as they are changing the way the ability interact as it is still classified as a Melee base ability.

4 Likes

You realize Reinhardt isn’t the only character with a barrier, right? Winston and Orisa will also benefit from this.

Amusingly, it might even make it so Brigitte is no longer the best counter to Brigitte.

10 Likes

I have been promoting this idea since her release. I’m so glad to see it’s finally being tested.

2 Likes

Yeah, but this is the complete opposite though.

Like who? Orisa’s shield never had an issue with bridgette stunning through it. Nor did Winston’s.

Literally this serves only Reinhardt.

22 Likes

Does Orisa not have barriers anymore or am I missing something?

2 Likes

Yes and its a detached shield. Baguette literally cannot stun the Orisa through a shield.

This is exclusively a Reinhardt buff.

4 Likes

Any more changes for Reaper considering the indirect nerf that is Ashe?

Wow this will be a huge change. I always felt Brigitte’s dominance has been heavily focused on using her bash to drop Rein’s shield. This completely shifts the overall balance of Brigitte in terms of team composition, but not make her irrelevant. I look forward to testing this change on the PTR.

6 Likes

Looks like a decent buff to Winston.

Of course you are changing that since it was used in pro play and the pros complained about it.

Stop focusing everything on 1% of the playerbase - you did that for a whole year!
I feel you, ignored Bastions… I feel you…

20 Likes

So will this be rolled through for all melee abilities then?

3 Likes

Fortify will need to be on a resource meter for that to happen. She just gets run over and stunned to death once fortify ends.

11 Likes

So even less Reinhard counters? Exactly what we need, more buffs to the most picked tank.

8 Likes