What if B.O.B prioritized targets without shields?

That’s because Bob did something! :blush:

1 Like

Unfortunately it’s because he didn’t.

I agree that bob should be at least slightly intelligent. Right now he isn’t just dumb - he’s unpredictable for both Ashe and the enemy.

I’d much rather face a BOB who I can understand and predict than one who sometimes spams at an invincible zen and sometimes focuses the dblade genji. If I knew when I would be focused and when I would be ignored it would make it a lot more fun to play around BOB, and he would become a lot less frustrating to use too.

I think the same goes for torb’s turret. As torb, you want the turret to prioritize small fast enemies like tracer - the same enemies who it’s extremely difficult to hit with your primary fire.

If automatic intelligent targeting is a skill issue, I think this would be a great use of the interact button to manually choose targets for BOB/turret.

1 Like

You are in control of where he goes, knowing his rules for engagement isn’t it on you to make sure he has optimal engagement lanes of fire?

1 Like

True, stoping this boy with Fortify and placing him behind the shield feels like: sorry pal, i know you wanted to have fun and kills but not today.

1 Like

No because enemies have more control over their own movement than I have over bobs. An enemy Rein for example can easily make sure he’s the closest target by using his charge as soon as bob drops down. He can also be bopped rather easily by multiple characters and will not try to get back to where I want him.

He prioritizes whoever you first targetted, doesn’t he?

Huh… so counterplay then.

1 Like

If every viable comp can easily counter an ult then the ult doesn’t have good counterplay, it’s just useless.

The times I’ve seen a well placed Bob fail vs the times I’ve seen him absolutely disrupt do not sway my opinion that he is currently a good ult and possibly a little overtuned for the rest of Ashe’s kit.

I think Bob is fine. He is actually kind of weak.

Honestly, he is a glorifed distraction that must be dealt with. Bursting him down usually does the trick in short work, but having Sombra or Ana makes it a lot easier.

Ashe isn’t balanced around her ultimate, but around her kit. The ultimate isn’t meant to be a core feature, so that’s why its kind of weak and dumb.

Plus, it fits with Bob’s personality. He is just a butler.

You mean in QP? Cause that’s a great gauge of effectiveness.

He aims for the closest target, which can make him very susceptible to hack and sleep dart.

Something seems bugged about his priorities, saw him prioritize farest enemies several times. Like you call him on a location to clear the path there, not shoot someone that’s not in your way.

Hard to get an idea from comp since she’s not allowed in it yet.

1 Like

They should make it like Torbjörn and prioritize the targets Ashe shoots.

1 Like

With Torb’s update, his turret will change targets to whatever Torb is shooting at if I recall.

Torb needs it because his turret is kind of weak anyways.

Considering Ashe’s entire kit, giving Bob a similar buff would make her very OP.

whatever he hits with his left click fire yes. His turret is most definitely not Bob though.

bob aims at whatever you are aiming at target wise.