What i would try to fix Competitive

Make comp like mystery heroes. Bear with me here :slight_smile:

When you enter the match, you will be assigned a char at random, while still being in the 2-2-2 setup. So you can get anything. 2 tanks, 2 dps and 2 healers and you can get anything.

You get assigned the character and you can’t switch for the entire first round. So unlike Mystery heroes, when you die, you will remain the same char that you started out with.

When the second round comes up, only 2 people can change roles per team. So you, as a team, have to decide which people will switch roles. So you can iron out some bad combo’s or get people to play a char in their current class that they are better with etc etc.

What this will instill is that Overwatch is not only a team game, it’s a multi-character game. In my opinion, if you wanna get into comp, you are supposed to be able to flex. Ofcourse, you’re gonna be better at some characters than others, but everyone is struggling with that and it will force people to train on more than 3 characters what most players (in lower ranks) play.

No. For many reasons.

One main reason is that the entire game is won at the beginning of the match with a coin flip.

If one team pulls a certain comp from luck, and the other team pulls let’s say hog and hammond on attack for their tanks, that’s gg.

Overwatch is all about switching heroes in order to adapt to team combinations, your proposals would not only take that away but create more random uncertainty to the outcome of each competitive match.

2 Likes

wheres the dislike button…?

maybe make it a separate comp ladder?

Then no one would play it. Besides it’s more important to encourage players to play together, not force them to play a certain way. The Looking for Group tool is one way to do this and they have said that are more features on the way that will do this.

Hey guys welcome back to Overwatch Party, It’s just Mario Party but worse.