What I want from OW Team about lore couples

Overwatch Team indeed confirmed that Lena & Emily, Jack & Vincent are homosexsual interested but I never saw they confirmed the heroes of existing straight couples are heterosexsual, bisexsual or pansexsual interested. They should considered the confirming for every couple they already made and will make or it’s their bad move. That’s all from me.

Lore couples list:
Torbjörn & Ingrid|UNCONFIRMED orientation|Lives on
Ana & Sam|UNCONFIRMED orientation|Divorced
Amélie & Gérard|UNCONFIRMED orientation|Killed off
Gabriel & ???|UNCONFIRMED orientation|Seperated
Lena & Emily|CONFIRMED lesbian couple|Lives on
Jack & Vincent|CONFIRMED gay couple|Seperated

So just so I understand you’re saying you want the orientations of those who are/were in straight relationships confirmed as either straight, bi or pan? (because anyone with these orientations could still be in a straight relationship)

1 Like

I just want any the hero’s orientation who is/was in relationship to be confirmed by OW Team. To this day Chu confirmed only Lena’s and Jack’s and it’s not fair.

And yes, Amari.

Believe me, I’m the last person you’d ever hear say “why does it matter?” or “what difference would it make?” pertaining to things like this but I am kind of curious to know why you feel it needs to be confirmed. I mean, Widow’s bio says she was married and that she killed her husband. There’s lots of references to her and Gerard like voicelines and the archives spray.

I would never be opposed to learning more about Ana and Sam’s relationship, but it is pretty clear they were married at one point because we learned this year Ana used to wear a wedding ring… and also Fareeha was born with Sam’s last name (wait does that even mean anything? idk actually haha).

And Torb’s marriage status is pretty clear as well, like even his Santa costume skin description mentions Ingrid.

But I mean if you were saying you want them to tweet it out officially like they did with Tracer and Soldier: 76, then I mean that’s fair. I say you can never have too much overwatch lore confirmations, especially with a fanbase like this one xD

Also, semi-related, I find it interesting that the only times Michael Chu has tweeted regarding relationship statuses is to either confirm that someone is gay, or de-confirm speculation that… i guess, heterosexual activity is afoot. Like he tweeted that Ashe and McCree never dated, I think that Reyes and Moira never dated, and that Pharah was not on a heterosexual date with the dude that turned out to be her dad. Just something I’ve observed…

1 Like

from what i saw and heard, chu was tweeting that they didn’t date it because i think the mcashe (this is what i saw and heard, have no idea if it’s actually true) this is what community was stating that ‘oh mccree is straight now’ with ashe’s release, been it has been a year so i forgot, but ship wars out of mind, the first time i saw ashe, i thought of them as exes (hell, most people i know write mccree as bi anyways so it wouldn’t matter in the case of ships) from like before mccree went to blackwatch, but eh i don’t really care much of it, but noticed that as well. though with how chu seems like (tryna be fair here lol) a gency fan i wouldn’t be surprised that if in a few years round the line we see him confirming that as a relationship

1 Like

I’m assuming for relationships like Genji/Mercy and Ana/Reinhardt that have been all but confirmed, he’s gonna confirm them through something in game or some piece of media

whispers: i just want them to confirm pharah as wlw in some capacity and i swear i will die happy and leave this fandom alone forever that’s all i want in life

1 Like

Exactly that one I want cause…

the same I observed as you.

1 Like

I don’t think these two were ever married. They were just boyfriend/boyfriend.

There is one more.

Gabriel & ???|UNCONFIRMED orientation|Seperated

Also, its a minor semantic, but I don’t think Ana/Sam are divorced. I think he is legally a widower? Which might be the same in Gabriel’s spouse’s case.

2 Likes

Couple:

• two people or things of the same sort considered together.
  • two people who are married or otherwise closely associated romantically or sexually.

Uhhh… What? I don’t see how this is “all but confirmed.” There is a grand total of 1 line where Ana and Reinhardt compliment each other (Jack and Ana have more,) and Rein doesn’t even know she is alive.

That’s spouse. Not couple.

EDIT:

You edited your post while I was typing.

Oh I get it now. Are Jack and Vincent should be seperated not divorced?

Yeah. They should be seperated. Divorced implied they were married to begin with, but we’ve never heard that. I am not positive if Ana/Sam were married, but pretty sure they were. But legally, I think Sam and Gabriel’s spouse were widowed. Its a semantic difference, Separated would be best.

I wonder why Pharah calls him “Sam” in that one voice line. I thought maybe it was written that way just to make it clear that there is a Dude Named Sam that is her Father because some people still think it’s Reinhardt (lol). But then also we learned she had a complicated relationship with him when she was a child. But then in another voice line she calls Canada her “home” (well she also calls ToA ‘home’ and i know you can have more than one home.) That just raises more questions to me.

also from Ana’s origin story I kind of got the impression she was raised mostly by Ana, and from the cookbook that she just visited Sam for the holidays? But there’s a lot that’s unclear rn

Ana and Gabriel are seperated while Sam and Gabriel’s spouse are widowed.
So how we would call their relationships now? Just simple they’re not existing anymore?

ana probably thinks it’s better if sam thinks she’s dead
but seeing how mercy had no reaction to finding out that jack ana and gabe were alive i don’t think it matters anymore lol

I always thought that was weird too. For the purpose of name-dropping him, I’d think it would be Ana using his name. But then again, maybe she wouldn’t use his name while talking to Fareeha.

If it was just for the purpose of using his name, they could’ve had Ana use it in another conversation, maybe with Jack. I assume it’s something like you said in that maybe she never saw him as a father growing up.

Some people just call their parents in the first person. I wouldn’t say its super unusual, just uncommon. Its not always necessarily done in a bad way either. Pharah calls him “my dad” in another line.

1 Like

It was actually because at the Blizzcon Heroes of Overwatch Q&A, the voice director made a comment about Ashe and McCree acting like ex-lovers, which lead some people to say “McAshe confirmed!”. Chu, Andrea Toyias (the voice director), Matt Mercer and Jen Hale all tweeted to dispell this misunderstanding.

3 Likes

Seems like they really didn’t want to anger a certain subsection of tumblr :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Seems like they really didn’t want to anger a certain subsection of tumblr spread false lore misconceptions.

1 Like