What happened to Zenyatta?

Zenyatta was made to pass into the Iris is what happened.

Sorely disappointed by what they did to him.

3 Likes

When the discord is removed by any means, that person who was initially debuffed cannot be discorded again for 7 seconds.

1 Like

These changes are from the most recent update, the Season 7 midseason patch, which had a lot of minor tuning for Support heroes.

Orb of Discord now has a 7 second psuedo-cooldown after being removed from a target (cleansed, LOS broken, Zen moved it manually) before it can be placed on that target again. Zen can still place it on someone else so it’s not a real cooldown, it’s target specific.

Orb of Harmony now lasts 5 seconds when losing LOS, not 3.

1 Like

They gutted him to satisfy garbage tank players who think they should be invincible. That is what happened to Zen.

Long gone are the days of playing a high skill hero and getting high reward for it. These days if you aren’t playing Mercy, Kiriko, Ana or Bap you have simply lost the game.

6 Likes

Not true, I still can dominate with Zen (sometimes).

1 Like

So? It takes 10x the effort to play him even before the nerf over a Mercy who has the most powerful ability in the game and Ana, Kiriko and Bap who all have 0 weaknesses and do quite literally everything.

There is 0 reason to play Zen. He was already rated as one of the lowest performing supports both stats wise and by high elo players, now he is just garbage. As if having a giant hitbox, 0 cc or 0 mobility didn’t make it easy enough to make him non-existent.

2 Likes

Maybe in the higher elos, but down at the bottom he still dominates in some games.

The hero is dead. Pick another support. Or you are playing sitting duck all game.

1 Like

Simply untrue. He doesn’t dominate in any rank and actually never has (besides in GM during OW1). There is literally never a good enough reason to pick him over Mercy, Kiriko, Ana or Bap ESPECIALLY in lower elo.

I play him a lot. not my main, but I enjoy playing him. 80% of the games I play him in are wins.

You mean, they nerfed the spammability of discord because tanks permanently taking 25% more damage is unhealthy for the game, unfun for the role and directly negates tanking by neutering their effective health pool and their ability to make space or engage.

1 Like

Hmm this reminds me of something I read somewhere.

Ah there we go.

No. They listened to the community. Funnily enough, not many people like their character imploding instantly. He made life hell for so many tank players.

Sucks don’t it?

1 Like

They listened to a community that wasn’t even facing Zen. His pick rate was in the basement even before the nerf. Practically nobody was playing him, and when they did their winrate was low.

2 Likes

Karma xd. But imo he had a point with dps Doom, I also loathed going against him. He was the ultimate “pick a stun or die” hero, farming all Soldier, Zenyattas and getting rolled by Cree with flashbang. Infuriating desing, generally bad hero overall so not played that much either. If you paired him with Zarya bubble he became unstoppable monsters (she removes his CC weakness so he just dives and kills anything he wants lol). I’m glad they reworked him into the tank.

As for Zen imo changes are good fundamentally. Making discord usage more skillful is a good thing for the game and he got strong compensation for it. I think he isn’t that bad at all and when they nerf support outliers like Bap he will be played. Even now I think he isn’t atrocious but this comes from qp experience, didn’t play him in comp. The extra hp is VERY beneficial for Zen. I wasn’t the type of Zen to permamently discord tanks anyway, I like to fight flankers. One thing that is super annoying about this change is that ANY type of cleanse gets rid off discord, not just LOS break or swapping targets manually. So if you play against Tracer and she recalls she now has full hp and you have to fight without discord. Not ideal imo :confused: I just want my full damage, I don’t care about dmg boost for my teammates in 1v1 scenarios. 48 vs 60 dmg is a big deal.

ah yes, applying discord, the pinnacle of high skill

You mean the tank community who would rather nerf a hero that counters them than actually play better and kill the most vulnerable hero in the game?

There’s a big difference between a hero having absolutely 0 abilities besides discord, and a DPS who has the HP of a tank and can one-shot combo you with 0 counterplay. You know the counterplay to discord? Killing Zen.

It’s not like you’re tracking a Tracer, or trying to burst down a Roadhog. You are killing a support with the widest hitbox in the game, 0 self healing, 0 cc and 0 mobility. Is it really that hard for you to do?

You really went to dig for something that doesn’t even compare to my argument. You really think discord is comparable to 2018 DF? Lmfao. How embarrassing that you thoguht you did something. If you are “imploding” instantly after being discorded then you are just a garbage tank… which loops right back to my original statement wow look at that :wink:

Why don’t you spend more time crying about every other support who has the CC or moblilty to make DF useless, rather than the one hero DF actually bullies to death, just like every other dive hero does :rofl:

2 Likes

Getting reward that is equal to the reward given by Mercy, Kiriko, Ana or Bap while playing Zen does require a lot of skill.

Simply surviving in this game as a hero with 0 mobility and 0 CC is next to impossible. There is a reason he has never been the best support, not even in GM.

When your kit provides a pathetic level of healing and 1 other good ability compared to a rez, insane mobility, self healing, AoE healing, invulnerability and CC then yes I would imagine it takes a lot of skill to get the same level of reward out of that.

1 Like

The cooldown means tough stuff getting the pixel spray. They should give another challenge for the pixel now, but you know they won’t.

1 Like

Lol zen isn’t even that bad they will give him some qol like longer time to remove los and he will be viable with 25 hp

Dumpstering the only good ability he has, the one ability his entire kit and all his weaknesses are designed around is more than enough to make him a terrible pick.

Compare him to every other support in the game and he is garbage. Why pick a support with a million weaknesses and 1 ‘decent’ ability when you can pick anyone else and practically never die.

1 Like