What happened to the hype?

What should I be hyped about?
There is nothing at the moment…

OWL? Hell no!

2 Likes

the only thing that would make me hype is a role-q mode

i feel this was a response to the #reworkmercy movement, more then anything else, but yes i do agree that the forums grossly exaggerate the balance issues, but every hyperbole has a grain of truth.

I think they frontloaded too much and didn’t expect to see hero balance turn into a crisis like it did at the end of last year/this year.

Most Mercy players do agree that Mercy is the most balanced she has ever been, some just don’t enjoy playing her.

This is everything you need to know.

EDIT: I am actually excited about this post. He says Secret in 3 bullet points. Does that mean 3 different Secret Stuff?

i understand that, im saying that, because #reworkmercy is so prevalent on the forums, that it seems jeff was trying to say that mercy is balanced, and they are not going to change her.

The signs of a game on life support. People don’t wanna see it but it’s a fact. OW has been pushed back for OWL. We haven’t seen new content for months and we’ve been told multiple events not to look forward to new stuff. It’s just skins and balance every now and then. For real that is exactly what a game on life support looks like.

And all we have got going is Jeff saying they are working on “secret stuff” and everything is supposed to be fine, everyone should be happy with just “secret stuff” when we haven’t seen anything for months and won’t see anything for months to come considering how slow the devs drip in stuff into the game.

4 Likes

My problem with this is that by not really telling us what the super secret stuff is, they could potentially be setting themselves up to fail.

because i was already hyped on halloween and winter skins on Orisa this year…
Yeah now i never will, lesson learned : I

No because Hype has done a lot of damage.
Look at the Hype for No Man’s Sky a few years back.
Look at what happened from all the Diablo hype.

HYPE IS BAD

Totally hyped for the UI changes (Sarcasm)

Nothing here builds hype, we all know what the “secret” stuff is,

• Guilds
  • new map
  • Heroe development
  • chinese new year event
  • UI changes are probably due to the new guild system
  • great more skins in events, no new content besides skins is always nice (Sarcasm)
  • Feature development is Guilds
  • new game mode wont be seeing untill summer or fall
  • new heroes, like that is a change from the norm " OMG they are making new heroes, its not like havent been making new heroes for the past 3 years."

Nothing here builds any hype, nothing here makes anyone look forward to whats in store.

Also we covered this earlier in the comments, sorry.

1 Like

i think they will also add some QoL stuff for sprays or profile icons…cuz its a mess. maybe we get some more blizzard world skins but i dont expect anything else.

It died down whenever people realized this is not actually a fps despite selling itself as one.

they had a beta one year long… idk how you could assume that is was a fps.

Hype dies. When you want to make an everlasting game, you develope it with quality and depth in mind, not endless hype.

Quality content should be their focus.

so you dont want the devs to build hype for new content, just release it without any fanfare?

Fanfare is good , don’t misunderstand me :slightly_smiling_face: but is still secondary.

We need huge update. 3 heroes at least. 2 maps at least. Dozens of new items for basic lootbox pool that cover all kinds of different themes. Possibly game mode.

Not 1 hero in 4 months.

Big injection of FRESH that will get the people who left or are about to leave talk. Something like expansion. Personally would not mind paying for it.

edit: if that’d be timed with OWL S2, as much as I don’t like it, that would make it even better. Hell, even I would possibly decide to give OWL another shot when seeing that the game is not neglected and mistreated.

We also need more lore. outside of cinematics, we havent gotten any lore in i believe 1.5 years. (not including the archive event)

1 Like