What happened to that sound issue fix

Anyone know what happened to that sound fix we were supposed get in patch 1.45? Haven’t seen anything in the patch notes about it, and honestly the audio sounds worse now than it was before.

Still having issues not hearing any footsteps, sounds cutting out, directional audio not being accurate. Just want it fixed, it’s getting annoying and making the game not fun.

Sounds have been working normally for me for several months, so I’m not sure what this is referring to.

We aren’t hearing footsteps like 80% of the time.

Which is bad, because I can;t hear the McCree walking up to me, about to fan the hammer.

Also, sometimes I don’t hear ults. Not fun to have a silent shatter. or a silent high noon (all you hear is the high pitched WRRRR sound he makes, no “HIIIIIIIGH NOOOON”).

Definitely sounds annoying, but it’s not something I am experiencing. I tested in a private game with a friend and I can 100% hear McCree behind/above/etc. I recommend posting this in the #bug-report forum, maybe you both share some something that is causing the issue.

1 Like

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/there-is-a-problem-with-sounds-in-overwatch-and-it-needs-to-be-looked-at/450500/3

That’s what this is in reference too. There was supposed to be a fix but I don’t think it was ever made it to the live server.

The first post in that thread has some videos linked to show what’s been happening.