What happened to Rialto and the regular Blizzard World?

I wasn’t playing Overwatch for quite a while until I started playing again around late Season 7. Once Season 8 started last week, I noticed that Rialto and the regular Blizzard World are both now unavailable. I know that map pools are a thing, and of course Winter Blizzard World replaces the regular version for the entirety of December, so they’d probably be out of rotation. However, these maps aren’t even available in custom game lobbies. It almost seems like nobody else has noticed that this change happened? I also have seen no mention of this by Blizzard.

Not sure about Rialto. I been getting lot of Samoa map which is good. Has for regular blizzard world. It is rotated out.

I though map pools were done away with in season 4 or so? Nobody seemed to like them, so now it’s just all maps all the time I thought.

Maybe they’re making tweaks to those maps, but IIRC Gibraltar and Route 66 weren’t out of rotation when they were being fixed.

Maybe that’s just my copium hoping they add some damn cover on that bridge in second point.

They were and afaik there has been no mention of bringing it back this season. I think they said may later but not now

I got Rialto and blizzard world at least when the season launched so idk if it’s been removed on the last couple of days or so

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen Rialto this season. Maybe you just have bad map luck? :person_shrugging:

i’ve been getting these maps a lot so nothing i assume

nighttime blizzard world exists and it replaces daytime i think. not the christmas version just regular nighttime. rialto is still there though so im not sure what happened there

Actually, according to the “known issues” thread, they have temporarily disabled Rialto altogether, and regular Blizzard World for custom games only