What happened to Quick Play's Role Q from the PTR?

EDIT: Apparently, this is the fault of a strange bug. The original Role Queue will be back eventually, so I guess I got an answer to my question.

I’ll leave my original post here because i think I have some good criticisms of RQ as a whole.

Original Post:

First, I don’t think any kind of Role Queue is a good idea as it eliminates a number of completely viable comps from OW. Sometimes your team needs a little extra damage from a damage hero, extra healing, or more blockage from a tank, and there’s no real way to get that without getting an extra damage hero or tank in the game (and if there was, there’s be no reason to have any kind of class for the game).

Regardless, I thought the Role Q from the PTR was as good as it would get for Quick Play. At least I knew who I got to be ahead of time, and you’d get a neat prize for queuing sometimes.

Now, its a first come first serve type of deal, and I’m not guaranteed any role I want. And shelling out money for a BRAND NEW computer to replace my perfectly functional one JUST for Overwatch isn’t an option. Like, at all.

Role queue was problematic, but fine in the PTR. Why change it?

1 Like

hopefully it will get added, they just jebaited us with this update.

The current version of QP is a bug. It was not supposed to be like this. They were supposed to only put Role Queue into comp and QP was supposed to get it on September 1st. Somehow, we got a weird version with Role Lock but not Role Queue. This was not intentional.

This is a bug. Should be fixed soon.

I am disappointed in qp change, basically players with better pc will be able to instalock and u will never get to play what u want which means dps slots will be exclusive to faster pcs, also in that manner ppl will be leaving often at the start of a game and this will decrease our endorsements levels as well plus reducing the chances of having good comp at the start of a match resulting in worse chance to win

Why add qp on september 1rst ? I was looking forward to better qp experience more than comp beta

1 Like

I friggen hope they haven’t shy’d away and are planning on keeping…this. I want to choose what role I want to play and then que, not be thrust into a backfill game where I have zero choice in the matter or lose any role I want because people are insta locking.

Oh thank you so much for telling me. I logged in today after playing a LONG time on the PTR and thought things changed for the worse.