What happened to OWL color particles?

When I play on PTR with Gladiators skin, my heroes’ particles are no longer purple. That was the best! Bring it back please!

They got rid of them because blizzard has a reputation of taking fun things MAKING THEM SO MUCH BETTER

1 Like

Bug: squished.

I agree that it was something fun, but if the primary goal of the improvements to the colorblind mode are to, y’know, improve the experience for people who are actually colorblind, I think it makes sense to remove these inconsistencies. If a colorblind player wanted to use an OWL skin and it messed with their settings and made things hard to see, that would suck. Makes more sense the way things are in the latest PTR.

Oh Ye cause it’s definitely too much programming and coding to make a toggle that enables/disables the function in settings.

I’m such a 4Head

Why are the particles a bug I thought they were part of the skin>?

I mean, it might actually be more complicated than you assume. I’m not aware of the specifics, but it seems like the new colorblind options are pretty comprehensive, and require a lot of work to ensure that everything is consistent.

I saw a reddit post from a colorblind player who made a 30+ minute long video detailing discrepancies and inconsistencies, so it’s no small task to get things working perfectly.

They could just take it out of colorblind and make it something you could toggle in the settings.

It was very cool, true. But I’ll give Blizz the benefit of the doubt. The effects were probably an unintended bug that came with messing with the color coding to get the color blind options. Leaving it in as is could have potentially led to some actual bad bugs down the line.

If they wanted the actual league color options, they would probably have to make it its own separate thing in a patch, and while possible, they definitley have bigger issues to work on right now.

Maybe they will bring it back as an intended feature later. And I certainly hope they do.

1 Like