What happened to my game

Overwatch has been running great for a long period of time. Out of nowhere, it seemed to give up. Overwatch used to run a stable 60-70 fps, but as you can see in the clip, it drops down to 20-30 fps. Also, the game is very laggy, and I would say, unplayable. Before, I would run overwatch in high graphics, but then this happnened. I lowered the graphics to the lowest, and brought down the resolution. I also doubt the internet is the problem, since it worked perfectly before and I use an ethernet cord. Also, I tried different applications like Outfox which claims to lower ping and reduce lag. If it helps to know, this is also happening to many other games, and I only run one application at a time.

Here are my laptop’s specs.

Processor
Name
Core i7-6700HQ
Manufacturer
Intel
Speed
3.50 GHz
Category
Performance
Generation
13th
Brand
Core i7 5th Gen
Cores

Graphics
Name
GeForce GTX 970M
Manufacturer
NVIDIA
Category
Enthusiast
Generation

Operating System
Name
Microsoft Windows 10 (build 17134), 64-bit

Here’s a video of Overwatch before:

And here’s Overwatch after:

blizz doesnt care about this game anymore. optimization has been going downhill for months with every update.

1070, 7700k used to get 300 fps steady on all low with 100% res. literally never been below 299. and now i get 120-200, so unstable. what;s worse it has been months and there is no acknowledgment.

watch someone from blizz give you 10 billion solution that don’t work. If you were the only one effected then these solutions are understandable. but when everyone get less fps and optimization problems then it’s probably a big deal.

I get 140 fps on 1600x900 all low with 75% so it’s just optimization issues.They probably already moved on to their next fps.

Hello OneTrickDoom,

This really seems like your Laptop might be running off the integrated graphic Chipset and not the dedicated Graphics card. Check these steps for advice: