What happened to EXP in custom games? How blizzard ignore their community

Queue time is usually pretty quick on Training vs Hard AI, if you’re in EU. It’s what i usually play, it’s fun to be silly and not care about any toxic behavior. Of my 145 friends, 135 of those is from AI mode alone. This is why we went to custom games to create more of a challenge. It was fun for a while, we got used to hard bots then this change comes in and totally ruins that aspect of playing.

And it makes no sense.

1 Like

Has anyone gotten a hold of an official about this yet? Cause if this isn’t a bug its BS.

waiting for one, would hope that’s why these forums exist.

Yea, I would love to get an answer as well. I am not counting on it right this minute, it is a weekend after all. I do wish Blizzard would actually respond to this topic and tell us if it is bug or not. I will say it again, if it is not a bug it is BS with custom games having given EXP for almost three whole years.

2 Likes

Anything new? I haven’t been playing the game since, I’d really wish someone would awnser something:/

Nothing new. There has been no answer. Trust me, I am keeping an eye on this because this bug or change is such BS.

2 Likes

still no exp being rewarded.

we play agenst ai’s. its not often we got to play togther so its a fun way to connect. but no xp now. anoying. but if it isent a bug, plz make the timeout optional )plz do that anyway) want to be able to play duels and deathmatch with few people. but plz give feedback on if the no xp in custom is intentional.

1 Like

Im really surprised that its been a WEEK and still no awnser from Blizzard Support… What’s up with that and I can’t find a way to talk to anyone about it.

1 Like

Custom games with 6 v 6 PLAYERS = EXP.
Custom games with 6 v 6 AI = No EXP.

I think this is intended. Which means they purposely left that out in patch notes… which means they dont always put changes in patch notes. I hope im wrong but this feels intended.

1 Like

Practice v AI with 6 players = EXP

That type of play when nothing else is changed is the exact same as a custom game with 6 v 6 AI and yet one gives EXP and the other one doesn’t. It could be intended but that alone can make it lean the other way as well.

It is ridiculous if they intended this change when you can still get EXP in practice v AI with the exact same settings. Only now you are forced to play with 5 others. Some people can’t play with others for whatever reason and they should have the option to, especially if it has been option for almost 3 whole years.

I think both team needs to have at least one real player to get EXP. So people cant just use a script to afk and farm EXP.

This hasn’t been an issue for years and now all the sudden it is? It is stupid. They already implemented a change which reduced farming EXP, namely a time limit after which you no longer get any EXP. Not to mention, a part of the EXP you get is based on being active. And in Practice v AI you could do the same thing, minus a script.

I guess Blizzard much rather uses the sledgehammer approach other than dealing with scripts themselves, while at the same time neglecting to tell anyone about the change in the patch notes. It is rather odd how Blizzard always manages to forget to mention certain changes in the patch notes. It is not as if they don’t know what their own developers are working on and what is being put in a patch.

The silence is rather deafening. There is one thing to not answer threads about weird bugs which don’t impact your ability to play the game but it is another to be completely silent about a bug or change which forces people to either do Practice v AI with strangers or quit the game entirely because you don’t want to play with strangers for whatever reason. Note, this doesn’t directly impact me but I know someone who it does impact. And I can imagine there being more people out there who for whatever reason don’t want to play with strangers and have been able to for almost 3 years.

1 Like

We’re punished because of afkers and our way of enjoying the game destroyed. Awesome developers!

And yeah they are reading, they reply to other threads, they don’t want to answer because preventing people getting lootboxes is more important than a small percentage of people having fun and gaining lootboxes and there’s no nice way to say it, so they just hope we forget about it.

So we either quit or we’re forced to go in the dumb Training bots on the menu because they feel people will do their job and report them for afking there and meanwhile we miss out on fun gamemodes that include ai bots.

1 Like

I see them replying on other threads. Sad to see this getting ignored, My sister and I really loved playing in custom games because she could still earn exp while playing and learning. She has Autism so it’s really hard for her to play with other people… Guess we either “forget” or raise hell…:confused:

1 Like

If you wanted to raise hell, you could report this to youtube journalists with followings like
The Quartering
ItsaGundam
YongYea

They’ve covered blizzard shenanigans before.

If this was intended and left out of the patch notes, this raises alot of questions of what else has been left out. It also goes back to the same criticism of blizzard deciding how you have fun. It all boils down to “you were earning loot-boxes to easily” probably.

2 Likes

It is starting to sound more and more like this is intentional. It seems you can still get EXP in 1 v 1’s with Custom Games.

Not mentioning this change at all is sickening. You can’t expect toxicity to go down if you aren’t going to be honest about changes you make to the game.

If this intentional, I’m betting the reason is to stop EXP farms for good.

Yes, the sledgehammer approach. They are screwing over everyone who doesn’t want to play the game with strangers and who have been able to for almost 3 whole years just to tackle something they already tackled before with the limit. So instead of fixing the issue they much rather make everyone unable to play if they don’t want to play with strangers. And the worse part of it is, they decided to not tell anyone about the change. It is disrespectful, plain and simple.

So there is a disrespect to loyal customers but also stupidity considering that you can still get EXP doing Practice v AI. There is no difference if you play custom games with the base settings with 6 players against AI but yet this doesn’t give you EXP whereas Practice v AI does. It just makes little to no sense. If scripts are the issue, limit scripts.

2 Likes

it doesn’t stop exp farms though they are all over the server list. they are doing i think 6 v 6 with players and maybe 1 or 2 bots i’m not sure. it doesn’t stop them at all. it only stops us players having fun the way we want to.

i’m almost plat border and i have every skin i could possibly want with 20k credits, i am just sad for my friends that enjoy playing with me, i feel bad for them as most of them are kinda new and want to earn skins, some of them hate pvp and people being toxic, i only play for the company and the people i’ve met in ai.