What happened to EXP in custom games? How blizzard ignore their community

I think it’s time to actually get a response from someone related to the OW team. It’s actually quite inspiring to see Ricky play (Yes, he is a friend of mine) against AI’s / custom games, because it gives me the mindset to go and play some competitive (depending of the time, but most times I do play one or two games).

2 Likes

Hey, OW team, why you keep ignore us - players? It’s a bit unfair to keep this problem unresolved. I don’t play Competitive and QP. Instead, I preffer to play some challenging modes in custom games and, personnaly, I don’t care about not getting EXP. But for other players gaining levels and lootboxes is very important. Because of this, they can feel progress, and without it, they can no longer enjoy this game. Yeah, we can play against AI in training, but after challenging modes in custom this is like kindergarden. Please, give us clear response.

3 Likes

It has no sense to get EXP playing vs AI but not playing custom games. The biggest problem is that no member of the OW team says anything about it.

2 Likes

We are not asking for more XP due to harder robots. I’m not sure what the XP calculation is based on, but I have a feeling that the issue may be the respawn time being faster.

When playing a custom game where the respawn of the bots is faster, I can see a possible issue with getting more kills/damage/healing etc during the match. Maybe we could at least get some sort of baseline exp based on what you would get playing in a “normal” Hard AI game?

Anyway it’s ridiculus that we get nothing while trying to enjoy the game.

1 Like

It’s quite sad to hear that. But I’m happy she can enjoy the game in some form. I’m sure there’s people that play overwatch and read this thread thinking what on earth are we guys talking about and how can we enjoy against bots?

There’s a lot of people I’ve met in AI that are shy or have difficulties playing the game like most are used to. There’s people that don’t want to let their team down or want to deal with other players cursing them for having fun. There is those that are new or shy, playing against bots allow people to have fun and what blizzard have done here is prevented people that are likely not to speak up enjoying custom games with bots, it is why i’m determined to get an answer because i know i speak for a lot of people.

3 Likes

I’ve only ever played custom games for the more unique gamemodes they invent, but I’m fully agreeing with a lot of you-

Blizzard not responding is flat out BS. Reading all 44 of yall’s posts, I feel immensely sad and angry that they’re just ignoring a part of their playerbase cause they’d rather punish a few jerks. I’ve seen response, of and I quote, ‘it’s your internet’ from other tech support on a bug relevant to how I play, and it seems to me, that you can get better tech support from Starbucks than you can from Blizz lately.

If anyone reports this to youtube news-casters, and it gets a video, please link it. I’m going to see if I can reach out to any myself, cause this is just disgusting, for lack of a better word.

1 Like

Id love the link as well. I’ve never had a problem with Blizzard till now.

if it was possible to share links, i would share screenshots page we have. we have over 1000 screenshots of us having fun and being silly in this gamemode before they ruined it.

i guess if you search google for thegoodolddayz you’ll find a server community then type /owpics on the end of the domain name. it’ll make it clear when i said i wasnt speaking just for myself. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve ever been so disappointed with blizzard for not responding to this, it’s gained a lot of traction and people just want an answer at this point. It’s making players question what these are here for, whether they’re being listened to, and what else we haven’t been told. Lost a lot of faith.

4 Likes

Blizzard, hello, 2 weeks has past… no even a small reply. That’s disgusting, I thought this forum was created to help people, not to ignore them.

2 Likes

Update:

A friend of mine decided to contact Blizzard directly and you aren’t going to like the answer. EXP was disabled a while ago due to people abusing the system.

You have got to love that Blizzard decided to use a sledgehammer to tackle the issue while at the same time not informing anyone about it. It wasn’t even in the patch notes. How can Blizzard expect their customers to not be toxic if they feel the need to not even mention certain (controversial) changes? And at the same time they have clearly felt no need to address this thread either.

The silence, outside of directly contacting them through the support channels, is deafening. Blizzard this isn’t the way to deal with the bug report forum. If something isn’t a bug, please address it. At the same time learn to note every single change in a patch notes. It isn’t as if you as a company don’t have more than a decade experience with posting patch notes. When you have proper team leads no change should even fall through the cracks. We live in a digital age where everything is tracked, so tracking a change and having it being noted in a patch note shouldn’t be a problem.

3 Likes

I think the disable was from afk farms, as we were still getting xp before Baptiste was released. It was those who were afk for a while who didn’t get anything

Still sucks that we’re not likely going to get a reply though

Yes, but they already dealt with AFK farms before. They made it so that you could only get a certain amount of EXP before you were capped for a certain amount of time.

It is ludicrous that they couldn’t just fix the problem instead of ruining it for everyone. If you are using the standard settings, not changing anything at all, I don’t see why they can’t hand out EXP for that as they do with the same exact settings in Practice v AI. It is not as if other games haven’t been able to tackle AFK farms. Blizzard just decided to take the easy way out and also decided to not inform anyone.

Hello my problem is a bug of sprint i can’t sprint a heroes but i have a good connexion internet help me please

Honestly, this has me kinda livid. Guess its time to find a new game to have my sister enjoy. Thank you peeps for everything. Seriously can’t believe what blizzard has come to.

3 Likes

See Blizzard, this is what your change amounts to. You have people leaving the game and that is not a good thing for a game which is already 3 years old. Alienating your customer base is never the right choice over a few people abusing the system.

2 Likes

What gets to me, as well as the changes noted many a time above, is you’ve got rooms called “sexy Reinhardt and his tiny torblets role play 18+ mic chat be my gf” and the like, who aren’t playing the game and trolling the system (not to say they all are but definitely some), these rooms are getting XP, yet people who are genuinely here to enjoy the game and the wonderful things you can do with custom matches are getting spat on from a great height. I played this game every night for nearly 3 years, for the last year or so purely in custom, more than willing to take the hit in XP as it was so much fun and chill after work with my best friend, and for 3 weeks I haven’t touched it. This game meant a whole lot to me and the disappointment in Blizzard has changed the way I look at it.

3 Likes

Custom Games are no longer giving EXP so I doubt the silly named ones somehow do.

If you’re playing against other players you are receiving exp.

That is just BS then. You can easily trade EXP with 6 v 6 in Custom Games. And yet Practice v AI with the same amount of players and against AI does give EXP. The logic escapes me Blizzard. So you didn’t even eliminate EXP farms but just changed it to EXP trading. Absolutely dumbfounding change.

What happened at Blizzard that you guys are so into removing fun as of late? This seems to be happening in multiple games of yours. You are making changes you know are controversial and then clearly opt to not communicate it to anyone. At least treat your customers with respect and be upfront about it. It is ridiculous a friend of mine had to contact support to get an answer but still a direct answer is required. You owe that much to your customers.

It is also as if Blizzard just wants this game to die. You can’t fault people for quitting a game they have played for 3 years because you decided to take the sledgehammer approach to Custom Games, the only mode some people play. After 3 years it is never a sound business tactic to make even more customers leave. A game this old should entice people to continue to play, not the opposite.

4 Likes