What Happened To Bastion

In my opinion, I think they left him in the dust due to the fact that with his current kit he can’t be balanced. He relies on his turret form so much and any buff makes him that much stronger.

You can’t buff his health or similar things without nerfing his damage or you will break him.

I believe to the fullest extent that turret mode is what’s killing Bastion. He does too much damage for his own good and they are afraid to even come close to that.

1 Like

Shhh bastion mains will say all sorts of wild buffs they think will be good while it’ll only make him OP again

His Sentry mode basically is his kit… without that, he’s just a knockoff Soldier… He doesn’t actually do very much damage with it though, especially at range on smaller targets. Math to back that up.

His Ironclad is another problem. It just encourages players to sit in Sentry mode all day, not moving at all. Passive damage resist is way too hard to balance around. Ironclad needs to be either removed, or put on self-repair so that he only gets the damage resist while repairing. He also needs his damage in Sentry mode back so he can defend himself. All he really needed from his rework were the Recon changes, and the Self-repair changes. He didn’t need any Sentry changes at all, no one asked for them or wanted them, and that’s what ruined his rework…

This. For me I could see Bastion getting a rework which makes him being able to swap out his gun hand for another gun and more transformations for the type of situation.

Tank on E is probably the rework for you… It doesn’t have the Recon gun swapping, but it does give more transformations for more situations.