What forum logic do you hate the most?

It’s not strictly forum logic but arguments tied to OWL pickrates leaving out crucial details like lack or abundance of role competition, (un)favorable meta, or (below) average winrates.

3 Likes

DPS players are always the devil, no exceptions.

Because an ability has opportunities to be incredibly powerful it is always that powerful.

If something is mechanically hard to play it shouldn’t be challenged by anything easier.

That personal preference would be completely overridden by ease if a hard hero and an easier competitor were truly equal.

7 Likes

Actually it can. It’s a job for them, it’s how they make a living. If something works - don’t change it.

So you are agreeing with me then?

Or are you saying players who play for millions of dollars wouldn’t pick the best possible tools to help them win?

1 Like

I thought it was just Mei…

(sorry @Widowmeiker)

1 Like

“i dont like competitive team based shooters, make ow a single/co op player pve just like the thousands of already existing games that i could go play.”

5 Likes

I can’t decide, there’s too many choices.

“I dont know how to deal with this hero so nerf him/her”

“I cant use this hero effectively so buff him/her”

5 Likes

No, not really. They would use best possible tools they know how to use at master level. You can’t just use new technologies out of the blue, someone needs to spend sleepless weeks researching them, deciding if they’re a good fit, what’s gained, what’s lost, etc. :). Same goes for them, they’ll prob switch when they see things are not working anymore, or when they are confident into their skills with new technologies. Technologies obviously means compositions, heroes and stuff.
Also, there’s no guarantee that something that pros use will be equally useful to amateurs(meaning if some pro plays hero X and reaps everyone apart, doesn’t mean that gold player will do the same).
So, everything pros do should be taken with a grain of salt … it’s not something we, amateurs, can use exactly like they do.

Mobile do the weird not @ing the right person thing? I hate that and we could probably count it as forum logic…
They didn’t specify forum user logic.

That is correct, in terms of balancing downwards, but if you balance upwards instead, you get a hero that will be too powerful at high level play and be played on both sides for virtually every match (looking at you, DVA :frowning: )

Balancing based off of either side is a pretty bad trap, but I don’t think Blizzard necessarily does. I doubt pros saw enough of Torb to say his RMB was too strong, and yet here we are.

League players tend to be resistant to change because the sheer amount of practice they do on a comp can often overwhelm a comp that’s hero synergies are better but tactics aren’t refined.

GOATs was running around in Contenders well before it hit league, and wasn’t refined enough yet to be the all encompassing thing it eventually became. Some of that was also due to nerfs/buffs, but some of it was also due to players needing time to get better at it.

Contenders has much more innovation and a lot of metas as a result are discovered there before they make it to league.

1 Like

I just wanted to make sure @Widowmeiker saw that :slight_smile:

I hate when people cite wiki DPS stats as balancing arguments as though every person playing that hero has 100% aimbot accuracy and bullet spread doesn’t exist.

3 Likes

People that complain there isn’t enough lore or pve for a PVP FPS…

3 Likes

:joy: Yeah i agree with you, i was playing with Elizabeth 1h ago, more or less, and a doomfist wrote in chat “Thank you blizzard for Ashe” :rofl: this guy here thinks she is OP lul

1 Like

The primary flaw with this statement is that there is a big difference between ladder play and pro play. Playing and practicing with a coordinated team of 6 people day in and day out for months results in very different gameplay than going against a bunch of random solo/duo queuers, even at top500 level. Certain heroes can be really good on ladder and be awful in pro play just due to that difference.

“Last week the forums were calling for nerfs to X, and this week the forums are calling for buffs to X. Therefore, the playerbase is a bunch of hypocritical morons who’ll never be satisfied.”

-when in fact it is almost always that the people making the nerf posts and the people making the buff posts are not the same people.

6 Likes

I hate how speculation = things must be true. Like OW2, there is zero evidence of that coming at all, yet people act like it’s 100% set in stone.

I feel like this is 70/30 blizz’s fault though, they aren’t exactly transparent about stuff… then again, maybe they would be if people didn’t act like the world was ending if stuff didn’t work out :thinking:

4 Likes

They don’t need to be transparent about projects that are still being produced. Frankly, they absolutely shouldn’t be either. People are still crappy over the 3rd social feature which was promised almost 2 years ago that hit a wall.

That isn’t Blizzards fault, thats a consumer problem.

2 Likes