What events would you like to be seen added to Overwatch?

For example, I think a Thanksgiving event would be really good. I could just imagine McCree wearing a pilgrim outfit.

1 Like

An aprilā€™s fools event that lasts for atleast a week with wacky and crazy content

5 Likes

I think Thanksgiving is too regional - it wont make sense to anyone outside of the US. Iā€™d like to see events for concepts rather than holidays, like a Spring themed event, or one where we get skins that make the heroes look like toys.

9 Likes

Was just about to say this as an Irish person. Imagining McCree in a pilgrim skin is quite hilarious, though.

I love the idea about events around ā€˜conceptsā€™ vs holidays. Holidays are actually fairly insular. Iā€™d love events more focused on lore or factions.

1 Like

I donā€™t want to see anymore big events. There are already too many. Makes it difficult to get what you want before itā€™s gone an entire year.

Mini events like Nano cola would be nice. Lore themed ones or Season themed ones like Fall holidays for example. Different heroes could have different skins based on their national holiday during the fall season.

3 Likes

Iā€™d love an April Fools event where all the characters are dressed as their TF2 counterparts (those that have one at least) but sadly it will never happen because of a little thing called copyright.

1 Like

Iā€™d love to see more mini challenges like Bastet : it was a nice surprise and itā€™s a great way to have some lore drop and skin.

4 Likes

Personally Iā€™d appreciate a current and future lore event like archives. Since Archives is focused around the part lore surrounding Overwatch, itā€™d be wickedly awesome for there to be a lore event focusing on whatā€™s currently going on and focusing on the progression of the lore.

Even something simple like ā€œthis is what Sombra is looking at currentlyā€ or ā€œthis is where Doomfist is focusing on right nowā€. Or having it focus solely on the past of our heroes, like Lucio when he was younger or Roadhog after the omnium explosion disaster.

Hell, Iā€™d even pay for that kind of content

2 Likes

Valentineā€™s Day event for Cupid Hanzō. How has this not happened yet?

4 Likes

No American holidays please. Only thing Iā€™d ask for right now is a theme event that changes theme yearly. One year all Warcraft, one year all Starcraft, or expand to things beyond just Blizzard. One year its all formalwear, one year is a steampunk theme, the next we get Talon skins for a bunch of Overwatch heroes.

2 Likes

I would love to see Lich King Reinhardt skinā€¦

1 Like

I would love to see everyone in evening/formal/ceremonial wear. I thought it would be a good way to celebrate an anniversary of the game.

Mainly I want more PvE and lore.

6 Likes

Lore events.
Bastet and Nano cola were pretty interesting, too. Anything to get the lore moving as well as this boards activity.

1 Like

I like your concept kinda, but i feel it would be annoying waiting an entire year if you donā€™t like the theme :frowning:
Also, Blizzard IP crossovers are normally reserved for Blizzcon Ticket prizes

• A Spring Time Event (To Make it More Exceptable for All Religions Than Easter)
  • A Fall/Harvest Time (To Make it More Worldwide Than Thanksgiving)(Could Have Some Oktoberfest Skins too)
  • Operation White Dome Mission for Archives Event (Istanbul, Turkey Map, and then we could get a pvp map too)
  • Talon Based Mission for Archives Event
  • Carnival Event (For our South American Friends)(Done Similiar to Lunar New Year)
    -Dia de Los Muertos Event (Mexican Culture Event)
  • Winter Games (Too Close to Winter Wonderland tbh)
  • Valentines Day Event Maybe? (I think it is worldwide)(Cupid Hanzo skin)
3 Likes

Happened once with Demon Hunter. Before that it was a skin dump alongside Blizzardworld.

I think the Talon mission would work better, with Sombra/Doomfist/Widowmaker/Baptiste. Mercyā€™s biotic tech did not exist yet when White Dome happened, meaning Ana would not be a support like she is in game.

Iā€™d love to have an event with all the skins, emotes, voice lines, ect. From holidays like ester or Valentineā€™s day in one so there wonā€™t be too many events every year

I would buy diaper hanzo in a heart beat.

An event that makes every heroes become so OP that they all fits in a meta.

An event that turn heroes into fairytales character ( alice, red riding hood, cinderella, mad hatter, fairy godmother, etc).

An event that turn good heroes into bad and bad into good (talon heroes get overwatch and strike team themed skins and overwatch heroes get talon and blackwatch themed skins)

Or an event that turn the overwatch universe into a highschool AU with young heroes get students skins and old heroes get teachers, principle, janitor and cafeteria skins.

If that happened, Tumblr (and Twitter) would scream their heads off and put Blizz on blast, for having him wear the outfit of the ā€˜colonial oppressors who committed genocide against the Native Americansā€™.

So no thanks. Iā€™m not big on Americentric holidays anyways (despite being American myself).

As for the events ā€• I like most of the ideas listed above, but I think the one I like the most is a Talon based mission for Archives. I think I, like so many others, were hoping for just that this year, but we got Storm Rising instead. So maybe itā€™s one of the future.

The only other thing I want to see is not so much an event, but every four years, when the World Cup comes around, can we add football skins and sprays to the Summer Games? I just think itā€™d be really cool to see Pharah, Mercy and Widowmaker sporting the national colors for their country via a few tailor made kits. (And with Widowmaker above everyone else, as those French kits are really nice, and sheā€™d look really great in one).

(And the Womenā€™s World Cup is currently happening in France now, but I donā€™t know if they have anything planned now. And if not, then I hope we get to see this in the future.)