What even is sr

Playing competitive for the first time ever, get plopped in silver, which is no big deal, had a bunch of games that got throw so expected to start low. anywho finished first game as Moira, Gold in healing and eliminations, I believe 35 eliminations, cant recall what the healing was. I even got potg with a 4 player kill on ult. we end up barley losing and I get thrown into bronze. Super confused as to why. I thought the biggest factor at this rank was individual performance?

Performance is a minor factor in platinum and below. It is not a factor in diamond and above. Win / loss is most important. See How Competitive Skill Rating Works (Season 14) for more details, especially the summary.

2 Likes

Its a rating where if it is high, you go and act pretentious in a forum and think you’re awesome, even if you wouldn’t stand a chance as an OWL player, and nobody actually cares about you.

Or its a rating where if it is low, you for some reason think that you should bother climbing up it, and feeling really bad about it, and probably blaming someone else for your troubles.

If you’re somewhere between Silver and platinum, you’re probably pretty comfortable in the fact that nobody cares about you at all. Otherwise known as nearly everyone who plays.

1 Like

Or…

It’s a skill metric that becomes more accurate with more games played.

It is a number that you can choose to improve on, or ignore and focus on the game itself.

There’s nothing wrong with being Bronze/Silver. That’s where I started. It’s fun to play and improve.

You don’t have to make it sound so depressing, lol. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

As HITSTICK said, you can worry about it or you can play the game. The best way to play the game is ignore it, try to win, and most importantly, have fun!

1 Like

You get higher rewards end of season, though eventually your que times get longer and longer…

1 Like

here, my son, this is what they call “common sense”

This is the best answer i Have read about the SR

1 Like

It’s just a pretty number roughly reflecting your true number, mmr.

Usually when a Moira player has Gold damange and Elims, it’s because the team is dying from lack of heals. The gold heals with the rest of the medals, can mean either you healed some damage back up or your off healer wasn’t very good.

I use to play with a friend of mine that was an amazing Moira healer, he almost never had gold elims/damage. I will admit there are exceptions, but if you’re gold elims/damage, then the time you are attacking is a time you’re not healing your teammates through some key damage they are taking.

You kinda forgot the amount of posts from silver to plat that they are stuck because of team mates. Or tbh its mostly bronze to plat, but you covered bronze already.

1 Like

If you carry but lose your mmr won’t go down, so next time you win the mmr will want to push your Sr up more than if you lose games but don’t carry them.

Basically if you are wanting to climb
Win carry = good good
Win don’t carry = good bad
Lose carry = bad good
Lose don’t carry/ throw/ leave = bad bad

Gold elims on Moira is reasonable since she uses her primary fire to recharge her secondary
if you expect some passive af main healer gameplay, get a mercy.

1 Like

Moira gets gold elims from her damage orb more than her primary fire, but that said, I think people get my point here.