What do you people think about players that come to play competitive but have real life obligations interrupting/destroying the game which makes them leave?

I had a situation in a game where we lost first objective because one of our healers (funny enough, I think it was Ana), at first, seemed to leave the game and then he came back after 1 minute or something like that.

I had no idea he came back but my frustration was high enough and I said “like thanks a lot f@ck!ng leaver”.

We won that match but it was frustrating as hell because every time someone does something like this, my “stop-trusting-them-to-know-what-they-are-doing-and-compensate-for-what-team-lacks:bulb: switch turns on.

Anyways, he replied “Sorry, had to wipe my kids a$$ , it was more important” and that’s fine. However, his child is important to him and his child is not my obligation.

So, this is what I have to say…

I simply do not understand how these kind of people assume that because his child is important to him that it’s going to be important to me or anyone else as well??

Don’t get me wrong, I understand that he is a parent and that he has responsibility for his child but I don’t get how someone who is responsible, (I’d say an adult but I question people being actual adults these days), doesn’t understand that he is not waiting in a long line where everyone should show kindness and tolerance because of the choices he MADE?!?

Yes, if he was in a long line with his child at grocery store or something, I would be glad and eager to give him my spot but imagine that you are on a roller-coaster or somewhere, trying to have fun and that this one individual has a STOP :stop_sign: button which will press at any moment he thinks that he has to press it because his child is important before anyone else??

Maybe I should make a different analogy… Imagine that you are in middle of football game and this guy is a goalkeeper and he just abandons the goal in the moment someone was about to take a kick to that goal because he saw his child on the bench, having a face of “load relief :woozy_face:”.

I get it that to him, his child is important before anyone else but that doesn’t not give him right to screw up time for everyone else like everyone else’s time is in his possession!

No one has right to decide instead of me or anyone else how competitive I(we) should/want to be. In general, no one has right to decide anything instead of anyone.

No one is saying that he should stop playing because he has children but if you are unable to understand that your obligations might interrupt competitive play for others, then don’t join competitive play until you are able to play it uninterrupted.

No one is asking of you to have stable 4 hours uninterrupted game time, just 20 minutes (or as much as 1 game lasts).

All I ask is to be an actual adult when it comes to this and not a self deluded pr!ck who thinks that having a child means you bought a “privileged-to-everything” card and wave it anytime you seem fit and people should “behave” accordingly .

TL;DR: Some people obviously use their children as excuse to temporarily leave the game and come back after nearly all damage is done and acting like it’s all fine. I think it’s being cheeky beyond limitation and treating cheeky with cheeky is the correct response.

We are only humans and real life is simply more important than game. Its called “game” for a reason.

So dont be toxic just because someone is afk or leaving because of real life stuff. Next time it can happen to you.

18 Likes

There is nothing toxic in what I said and I said it clearly simple. If you cannot make for 20 minutes interrupted, don’t play competitive. It’s common sense. And I am sure I can always plan 20 minutes. If someone can’t plan 20 minutes, I don’t think you are playing anything.

2 Likes

How quickly some forget…

8 Likes

That is a fact. He left and made us lose the objectives. You think I should be NICE because of that??? Are you that dumb?

You claimed you said nothing toxic. I posted an example of your toxicity from your original post.

No, but you’re clearly that toxic.

12 Likes

If you have no arguments, you don’t have to say anything.

If you have no idea how the game works, stop wasting my time. Or at least I won’t bother replying.

EDIT: Also, if I said any of the “baddie words” you would also consider that toxic because you are so weak that merely words offend you.

1 Like

What is the point of this thread anyway? That people shouldn’t leave games? Well they do and that will never change so deal with it.

3 Likes

If you cannot make your point without being abusive and insulting to others then your point has no merit.

Stop with the toxicity already.

11 Likes

I am curious what people think. Says in the title.

Judging by the responses so far it seems that most people think you’re a toxic moron

16 Likes

Yes it was definitely toxic.

2 Likes

I agree with JankoBahn. Sorry but if you can’t be tough in a competitive, it’s no place for you. It is a game sure, but that game mode is not for everyone so take that in consideration before you decide how your private life can effect others. Same as any other place that requires you to do anything together in an organisation or team.

3 Likes

Okay, they are feel free to think that. Now, what about the topic? Or you people are calling me toxic on simple regular “everyday” words because you just couldn’t wait to tell it to someone believing that you are less toxic because of it? Hm?

I assure you, if you think I am toxic, I think you are far worse.

Quick play is there for you. Is this toxic for you?
This is called being honest and knowing your place.

2 Likes

The thing is life can be unpredictable sometimes.
Life won’t freeze or ignore you because you decided to play a comp game.

5 Likes

I am sometimes toxic in games too, but i know its not a good atribute.

Quickplay is for me because i think real life is more important than game? Dude are you ok? So if your flat will be on fire will you keep playing comp, if your child will be crying will you continue playing? I am gamer but you are clearly fanatic.

But let make something straight. I hate leavers, most importantly people who leave because of what is happening in match. I dont have problem with people who leave because of serious real life stuff.

Maybe normal comp ladder is not for you. Try to form 6 stack and go to pro scene man. Go for it.

Btw, are you from slovakia?

2 Likes

I agree that life can be unpredictable.
I don’t agree that it cannot be predictable in period of 20 minutes.

I can agree that it can be unpredictable in period of 20 minutes when something extremely rare happens (death of someone, god forbid). In example that I mentioned in the thread, dude literally told us that he canceled 5 other players because he went to tend to his child. There is nothing extreme or even rare about that.

Why he couldn’t first (or even after) tend to child and then play for 20 minutes? A baby probably sleeps with it’s diapers filled with poo over whole night (or should I say for more than 2 hours), I am sure he is not standing next to bed over the night, eager to change those diapers as soon as it happens.

Also, I agree that life won’t freeze because of it.

If you play blind that you don’t know what “competitive” means and you still queue for it, that’s as equal as being “hey i am gonna go look for a job and i’ll play the “pretty eyes” card”, sure it will work at some places where job requires that skill. Other places you get the people who brake their balls on their job and would vomit on your very existence because to them it’s not just another job or in this case “another game”.

You ether are willing to show that you can give what the team you are with requires of you to or get out of their sight. This is not just a games thing, this stands for any team oriented play/work. It’s more of a character mismatch.

It’s not toxic if people have desire to fulfill their high competitiveness that they need to satisfy. In games you have highly competitive players and those who are not that much. It would also be very naive for one to negate this fact and call it “in the end it’s just a game”. Because that would imply that you reject high competitive players and claim that only players who have private life should play the game, which would mean that you negate existence of players like Ninja, DrDisRespect, Shroud etc. which community obviously does not.

If you say that those who are highly competitive are toxic because they want to achieve high end results and someone shows up that just allows him/her self
to screw that competitiveness up, that person will almost always make up a conflict and the final results are: either kicked out or adapted, nothing else there is to it.

Saying that a player like JankoBahn is toxic is nothing else to me but justifying the “pretty eyes” card the guy who left the game to wipe his kid used.

I am no where near competitive for a game at that level as to me when something is a “just a game” i play casually that game. But I have other things
i find challenges in that i find worth competing and it’s no different from what I’ve just wrote.

If flat is on fire, someone did something wrong. Installation old? Someone should have repair that on time. Don’t tell me that there aren’t courses or guides that people mention in basically almost any public institution which basically tell the same thing over and over again how to prevent it and yes, it can be prevented.

I am highly competitive person, I am not ashamed to admit that. I am far from fanatic but I understand why people think that. Usually it comes from people that aren’t highly competitive. I have absolutely right to be like that. Me being highly competitive person, doesn’t mean I wish ill upon someone. I surely swear a lot.

I haven’t said anywhere that dude left due to something serious. He told us literally that he bailed for “brief time” because of something not so serious. In matter of fact, if I keep repeating it why he left, I will start laughing how non-serious it was and that is why it’s utter annoying.

If players leave, they are going to play with another players that are leavers. I am not leaving the games hence I don’t get leavers in my team. This guy didn’t left fully. He came back but I had no idea he will do his game-play properly because he is not fully into it so I had to double my efforts because I don’t trust him anymore.

I am not from Slovakia.

LMAO, so you will burn down playing comp rewinding line “someone should repair it” in your brain, ok. Please tell me this is bait and troll post :joy:

I honestly imagined you fanaticly playing comp while your flat is on fire, amusing :joy:

You cant control everything man, stuff happens.

4 Likes