What Do Tanks Currently Offer To Overwatch?

Custom Games, probably. And you’re very right about the likes thing…
Hence why I do this: :+1: :rofl:

1 Like

Yout seal of approval?

1 Like

Yep, that’s it. I use it pretty liberally now because it’s fun, but that’s originally why I started doing it :v: :rofl:

It looks like a weird floating…creature…with one hand. I think it’s amusing. He can be serious, too… :point_up: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I actually imagine a human.

Person laughing and slamming their hand on a table with a thumbs up.

I don’t really know what meaning this’d be.

Displeased at an immoral lie or has won a checkmate or is about to provide a good counter argument.

1 Like

Pretty much!

:v: :rofl: This is just…happy. A happy floating head.

I also like these ones: :point_up: :grimacing: - He thinks whatever is going on is a little…questionable…But, of course, he likes to greet people: :wave: :rofl: AND he does have the capacity to fall in love… :v: :heart_eyes:

I wouldn’t say “can’t” but rather “won’t”, intentionally or otherwise

1 Like

What are tanks good for in any game? Maybe that could help you find your answer instead of mumbling on about whatever it is you have to say

In MOBAs: Creep killing and jungling
In PvE: Drawing aggro and secondary damage dealing

As for PvP shooters though, that’s tough. Overwatch is a bit of a trendsetter. Closest thing I can think of is using a Riot Shield in Call of Duty and we would just laugh those people out of the lobby back in the day.

So in regards to:

Nothing useful in PvP.

Yes, if you play them right. Dva can eat a lot of ults and deny all of its damage and value that it bring which is still a broken ability. I’ve saved my teammate countless time in not only ult but hooked, stunned, frozen, uppercutted… basically any CC follow by sth not beam or melee
Rein is the strongest main tank in the meta rn. Not only you can block damage, by placing yourself right, you can also block healing from enemy supports. There is a lot tanks can do in a fight.

Tanks’ survivalbility also depends on your positioning, its ok to play safe and take cover instead of entering a fight with half hp shield.

Tanking space is a hugeeeeeee help. Without disrupting the enemies and cause chaos, the enemies can shoot freely to anyone of your team without worrying being flanked. Imagine a widow that stand from miles away while your team doesnt have a dive tank to dive her or have barrier to block her shots.

That is and always will be not dm but [insert barrier here]. Barriers have always and will always do more. Barries block more damage ultimates for longer, more types of cc (which if they hit means a lot of damage afterwords) and block several support ultimate. Rein and Winston have had periods of success as solo tanks through out the games lifespan (long before roleque) D.va has not and will not because barriers have proven to be strictly better.

1 Like

or yknow… if your team loses, you shouldn’t blame any specific role and instead look at the team as a whole?

what did the whole do wrong?
saying it’s often tanks and supports fault if a team loses when a bad dps could just as easily make a team lose is foolish

That’s not what I was trying to get at. When my team and I lose, we take time and call out what each other did wrong and improve on it. What you’re claiming I think couldn’t be further from the truth. All I’m saying is if a Tank or Support makes a mistake, it will be much more detrimental to your team than if a DPS made a mistake.

well yeah. tanks and supports keep everyone alive

Exactly, that’s all I’m saying. Not that it’s never the DPS players fault.

If tanks were uneeded as you say the we wouldnt have had goats because tripple dps would have been not only viable but the better comp, yet goats was the meta and tripple dps was only viable.

If you have ever played dps you’d also be wondering why dps is even needed. If you ask any masters+ player in which role is a bad player hardest to carry, the immediate reponse will be a bad tank is hardest to carry compared to a bad support or bad dps.

I’m not saying tanks are in a good state right now, but to say they arent impactful is simply untrue. Overwatch is a game about capping/taking/pushing space and tanks do that besides that they also have comparable and sonetimes better dps than an actual dps.

Yes I’m a filthy dps main, but I’ve played a comparable amount of time in tank and in supp. I was a hardstuck bronze 800sr way back in s4 but now im around mid diamond in tank and supp and low diamond in dps. Yet pre role queue I’ve climbed to mid diamond using dps 60% of the time and supp and tank 40% of the tank.

If dps were as you say the most impactful role than clearly the dps, the role i climbed with more than any other should be higher, but it isnt, my tanks are the highest.

Tanks just need to stand on their own two feet. Their power is making the space and getting into people face, doesn’t always mean kills. It can be damage mitigation, doing damage, CC, body blocking damage.

They just need more personal survival abilities that don’t rely on supports. Support should be supports, not healers. Tanks should only need supports as much as DPS do, but right now? If your supports aren’t on point, you suffer.

Thanks for listening to my rant :smiley:

Best way to describe tanking is it feels like tanks get bullied, instead of being the brick wall they should feel like playing against, as, or with.

1 Like