What do I need to upgrade/change for better performance?

I run overwatch at 200 FPS but consistently get large frame drops that usually range from 140-90 FPS during team fights. I tried everything from optimizing my Pc to setting the cpu priority to closing background Programs. After doing some reasearch I think I might need to upgrade some of my parts.

My specs:
Intel i7 7700k 2.4ghz
2x AMD RX580 8GB Crossfire
1tb SSD
16 GB DDR4 memory

This is something you probably already tried, but did you change your graphics settings? The post didn’t say that you did so just in case here you go. Probably not much help but i’m not very useful in this type of post.

It’s cool I should have put that in there but I have all my settings in game set to low and I overclocked both my GPUs and CPU.

I have exactly the same problem: I can play one or to maps with 300 fps and then in the next games, when i´m in a fight my fps drop down to 80.
Which is not that good if u play on a 144 hz screen.

Same. I can play most matches at around 60 FPS with epic settings, but constantly drop to 30 fps

With this setup? Upgrade? are you kidding man, there’s nowhere to upgrade to… :smiley:
probably a crossfire issue though. Or drivers. Or both
I’d try borrowing a single GTX 1080 or V64 from a friend or somewhere, and see if it helps

Haha yeah i know :sweat_smile: I thought that this setup would be stacked and wouldn’t have to worry about my frames but I guess not lol

These standard tips can help resolve most Overwatch FPS drops:

Also here are advanced tips I have written in Overwatch’s Tech Support forum that maximize your FPS performance in the game.